Creative writing queries? (1 Viewer)

cj_bridle

HSC
i have a few questions about the creative writing section of paper 1.

Is the main purpose of this section to express (subtly) a concept to do with 'The journey' in the given text type?

How is often marked? Just on how well it conforms to the text type and how well it is written? or is there another criteria related to the content that influences the marking?

Finally does anyone have any good ideas to brain storm on before the exam, preferable something other than personifying an object of some sort.

Thanks,

classics_chic

HSC
It could be anything really. Check out past papers and you'll see the kind of variety. Sometimes it's a creative response with one of the texts, sometimes you have to write a story about a "journey" (or "change" as I knew it).

How it's marked depends entirely on what you're asked. Sorry.

Best of luck! :)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
i know sometimes they ask u 2 write a narrative etc. using one of the texts from the stimulus booklet as a base - so its probably a good idea 2 have some notion of what u might do if they chose 2 ask this.
ur content is important only in the sense that its a creative task - u wont get marked down 4 having a stock story - u know, person in high school, mid-life crisis etc. - but it will help ur piece 2 stand out if its not the same situation that 1000 other ppl have wirtten about: also lessens the chance of the marker comparing urs with other ones.

cj_bridle

HSC
no no u dont reference any texts what so ever.. they may present a stimulus to you which is a text.. ie. quote, photo, extract etc.. but u dont have to know anything basically.. just write.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)