• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Creative writing length? (1 Viewer)

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
I got 12/15 for mine in trials. Topped the year. Average mark(for adv.) = 6/15. Lick ballz.

L i L O

HSC
Writing on actual HSC exam booklet paper is the best way to give yourself an idea of the actual length of your story, essay etc.

I photocopied 70 pieces of HSC exam booklet paper and I write on these every time I'm practicing an essay coz it gives me a feel for how much I'm actually going to write in the exam.

Last edited:

danz90

HSC
L i L O said:
Writing on actual HSC exam booklet paper is the best way to give yourself an idea of the actual length of your story, essay etc.

I photocopied 70 pieces of HSC exam booklet paper and I write on these every time I'm practicing an essay coz it gives me a feel for how much I'm actually going to write in the exam.
Lol yeeeh same.
I've stolen some HSc writing booklets and have scanned them and print out for practicing on.

Today, my friend and I went to officeworks and made like over 100 copies of the hsc booklet pages.
we then did paper 2 modules using that paper. its good to practice so u know roughly how much u shudbe writing in the exam..

xJennax

HSC
The one I did was like 650 words and I got 13/15 for it...but it wasn't from the trials, must have been half yearlies or something. I've also changed the story since then and redone it so I think it's more now.

diametric

HSC
Mine's 1097 words.
I can write it in about 28-29 minutes?

Though, adapting to question, etc, expecting.. 35-38 minutes?
And, it takes up about 7-8 pages.

Ohoh.
EDIT: Trial 1: 14/15. Trial 2: 15/15.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
i personaly dont believe there is an optimum page or word limit. all u have to do is write your story and make sure u have an end. dont be worried if it isnt that long as long as the journey has been properly shown with details and all that size doesnt matter i reckon anyway

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
LiLi.azndoll said:
umm well from our school ie. stmarys

my teacher recommended

for our half yearlys 400 -500 words

then another time 600 words

then for last exams 800word but can be less.

mine is too long its say a 1000.
sup fellow smshs

danz90

HSC
mine is like just under 800 words. but if i hve time in the exam ill extend it a little.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
Yeah, it is quality over quantity. Someone at my school only wrote 1 and a half pages and managed to get 6 marks for it. I was able to write 6 pages and only got 9 marks for it. lol

old.skool.kid

HSC
Yeah in the half yearlys i only did 2 pages and got 11/15, so its definatly quality over quantity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)