Creative Writing - How complex does the story have to be? (1 Viewer)

dizzy_chicken

HSC
Im currently racking my brain for ideas on a non-cliche creative writing piece and i was thinking how complex/deep does the plot have to be? Can it be just about for example an apple falling from a tree or does it need to have a deeper "connection" eg gangster story about betrayal of main characters in a situation?

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Keep it simple. You'll need to focus more so on techniques, symbolism etc.
A simple story won't muddle you up, and chances are that if you do attempt to write something complex, many discrepancies will arise in the story when the marker reads it.

ghkddnjstkd

HSC
Keep it simple. You'll need to focus more so on techniques, symbolism etc.
A simple story won't muddle you up, and chances are that if you do attempt to write something complex, many discrepancies will arise in the story when the marker reads it.

adding to that the markers are looking for interesting/catchy story since they've been working for their full school hours. the main focus will be to entertain the markers and to make sure it is easy to write as jeee said
many discrepancies will arise in the story when the marker reads it.

raniaaa

:)
HSC
less is more :)

also, i think it would be hard to fully explore the concept of belonging with a hectik plot and what not. in my opinion go for a reflective piece where you can use lots of techniques and show you actually understand the different dimensions of belonging. :)

moshi.bum

HSC
Write about what you know and what you're comfortable with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)