creative writing advice?! (1 Viewer)

h0lla@dizQT

HSC
is it a wise choice to base your creative writing on a historical event.. for example, a nurse in world war 1 or a soldier in the vietnam war?

thanks .

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
A teacher of mine said we could base it on anything we'd like, except on things like whether the Bible exists or if Jesus was married or if Mary Magdalene was a prostitute and all, because it might be a sensitive topic. Talking about the wars would be fine because it is a "creative" writing task, if you do it well, I personally don't see why it wouldn't be wise.

Your marker could've been directly affected by the wars themselves but I don't think they've overtly mark you down just because of that.

Season

HSC
You can do anything, that's why its so hard, too much choice, but once you get an idea its gold.

Usually when I'm feel really uncreative I ask if I can do a journal entries from a character from a book, or a missing chapter, its usually pretty easy to do well in those without using your brain.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
my sis once did a story about divorce and she showed it to her teacher who really didnt like it cos basically, unless u have experienced it urself, u shouldnt write about it. cos it'll sound overly fabricated.

thehootman

HSC
My teacher gave me good advice. Only write about something you have done yourself and therefore know about. It doesnt have to be a complex, thrilling story, simple real and presenting aspects of journeys etc

Sonar Heimm

HSC
I would write something that feels original, that you have never seen before, but do not go off the tangent so that it has absolutely nothing about journeys.

You can write the best story and not get a good mark as there is nothing to do with journeys, but write something that isn't that good, and get a good mark as you have shown understanding to the concept of the journey.

just practice writing, and change it so that it fully corresponds to the concept of the journey.

mzduxx2006

HSC
well doing it on a historical event is a good idea. but something like WWI etc. is too overdone so try to find some war that not many people have heard about.

Rythmic

HSC
Basically a historical event is very useful if you're having difficulty producing something creative off the top of your head with little or no inspiration. It's definitely a good starting point. What you have to remember when writing your creative piece in Section II is that it must represent and make reference to the concepts of the Journey (both physical, inner and imaginative); so that you show the marker you have a grasp of the rubric. Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)