"Creative Responses" (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
How are people preparing for this question?

The one that draws on your understanding of the module and is usually a "creative" task. I have a gut feeling it's going to a story this time...well, one of those ones that ask you to "draw on a character from one of your texts".

What sort of things should we be doing to prepare for it? I'm thinking of writing a speech-type-text from Elizabeth's point of view, except I have no idea of where to start!

What are you doing for it??

laracroft

hey this is jemma rite?
yeah i think for preparing for this section, from looking at some past ones, its kinda hard to do so.
i think if nething, mayb look at the characters more indepth, coz like u said theey often ask u to take on their persona....and looking back at our trial( i hated that qs) it was to do with paradigms, so mayb do somee stuff on that....
but theres already alota stuff to rember, so i rekon u can jsut do the second question without specific study, coz itl jsut come from thigs we've learnt throughout the year

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
yeh it is :)

our trial question was good, coz i had prepared for that. lol Plus, it was broad so I liked it. But if we're asked to take on a persona this year, I think i'll die. I hate not being able to prepare for a question, coz then you're freakin out even more before you go into the exam. SUCH a load shit. lol

i think i'll try and do the past papers and then hope for the best. :)

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
why cant you just write a story as the persona as preparation for it? that way you'll kinda have an idea of what you'll write if asked to compose a narraative from whoever..
do you think they'll make us do an article style creative response? i hate those.
i'd rather soemthing like a journal entry or narrative.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I seriously think this is the unit that won't count for me. No hope for me whatsoever.... I've only ever passed by one mark in assessments... how demotivating...

Now don't you try and motivate me. You'll only improve my marks and that doesn't HELP you.

:)

I will study in good time...

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
LOL, i only do ten units so i HAVE to do well......... ahhhh Ext1 sucks

ext2 was so much more - pleasurable :D

anyone got any really good ideas of what to write about for the creative writing part? or have you seen any good responses from last year? what were the essential components of the exemplarary or band 5/6 responses?

I have a friend who's gonna use her creative writing response for english paper two as the basis for her ext1 creative piece - however that doesnt help me, as i worte about a pen :s LOL

So everyone, SHARE!!!! :D :D :D

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
i only have 10 units also, so every unit counts for me :(

hotcocoababe, i dont remember the exemplary ones we saw at school. but im just doing past papers. if they suck, they suck, there's not much else i can do. lol in 1/2 yearlies and my trials i didnt study for the creative section, and i did 10 times better on that question than the essay question, so whatever i'm doing must be right :p

in all seriouness....all we can do is past papers and hope that they give us a very open-ended question where we'll be allowed to use any text type. *fingers crossed*

frazzle

HSC
"creative" questions are so unpredictable they're impossible to prepare for! i guess just know your texts well, but you'll already have that for the other section, so we should all be fine... SHOULD! argh!!!

yes past questions would be greatly appreciated!

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
no, can't help there sorry :(

in our trial we did the "what were you thinking?" question, ie. we wrote as the author of one text. i did david williamson. it was prolly the easiest question i did all trials. :D so it might not be the character. that was a past paper (what year was it gem???)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
yeah they are unpredictable. What year was the one that asked for you to write a letter, as a composer... "Who says your way is right" where you pretend to be one of the composers of your main text and someone has sent a letter criticising your book????

Can't exactly take on a character's persona on that one.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
welshi said:
true. but the worst question ever was definitely the "ideas have legs" one. *shudders*
omg i totally agree. If I was in that year doing that paper, I'd spend a loooong time in the exam room going, WTF!?

boxheadman

Evans River K-12 (Don’t worry, I haven’t herd of i
HSC
you cant get much worse than the question we were asked in the trials - a transcript. It wasnt even creative, I spent 5mins looking for the creative question. I sooo hope it won't be the same deal again, really threw me off. Ended up writing the same sort of things in both questions.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
boxheadman said:
you cant get much worse than the question we were asked in the trials - a transcript. It wasnt even creative, I spent 5mins looking for the creative question. I sooo hope it won't be the same deal again, really threw me off. Ended up writing the same sort of things in both questions.
Lol. what was it? Ours was pretty much the rubric except in the form of a question that insisted us to write a story

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
boxheadman said:
that is the BEST question to get!!!!! Then all u do is regurgitate ur essay into a transcript!! was hat the Catholic trial? coz that ee1 paper was FANTASTIC!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
mmm, that does sound good. i cant even remember my trial question - my mind is a blank...ok, it was something about writing a creative piece exploring the paradigms of I&S - very open ended, but marked fairly hard because of it. "ideas have legs"...*shudder*...dont know what i would have done if id opened the paper and been faced with that one!

boxheadman

Evans River K-12 (Don’t worry, I haven’t herd of i
HSC
grk_styl said:
that is the BEST question to get!!!!! Then all u do is regurgitate ur essay into a transcript!! was hat the Catholic trial? coz that ee1 paper was FANTASTIC!
yea it was the CSA, but gotta say I hated it. Im pretty good at winging creatives and 90% of the time do better than me essay with little or no revision. The gyst of this question was ; write a radio transcript discussing your texts for a literary review. I completly bummed out in it and ended up cursing the catholic teachers for days (dont get me started on their '02 physics paper).

O well, at least I'll be prepared now if it comes up again. somehow I doubt it but my teacher seems to think it is the most likely question to get.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)