Creative Responses (1 Viewer)

clerisy

HSC
Okay, so in the exam it's pretty established that we'll get one critical response and one more creative one. What I'd like to know is how creative we should be if the creative question doesn't really lend itself to that interpretation?

That doesn't make sense, I know. I'll try again with an example. The HSC 2001 'creative' question for Individual and Society was:

"Focusing on a character from one of the prescribed texts, discuss the key insights from your reflections about possible conflicts between the sense of self, self-determination and social convention. This should be written as a presentation to be given to a group of year 12 students."

To me, that reads like a critical analysis in speech form. Yet the questions for postmodernism and retreat from the global look a little more imaginative to me, and this is the specified 'creative' question so-- how would I go about tackling this? Critical? Creative (and if so how)?

If nobody knows what I'm talking about, say so and I'll try again!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
i think ur problem is that ur mistaking the meaning of 'creative' with that of 'imaginative' or similiar - an easy mistake to make :). in the boardofeducation-speak, a creative piece is a non-analytical one. hmm, let me rephrase that: a creative piece is one where you are adopting a different persona (its just not coming out right! :vcross: ). in this instance, you dont need to be extremely creative in the way you tackle the question - the 'creativeness' is bringing imaginative insight, getting inside the persona's head. don't stray too far from what they would have done or said. if possible, try to adopt the right sort of language.
im v.sorry, im having one of those 'cant say what you mean' days. if that garble made any sense at all than im glad, otherwise...*sigh*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)