Creative or visual arts degrees (1 Viewer)

tea-head

HSC
Hey there. I'm hoping to do an arts course like fine arts or visual arts at uni. Anybody know if this uni is good for that?

Megan5

HSC
Umm, as far as I know, Sydney has no fine arts degree. If you want to do something along the lines of that you can do fine arts at COFA (College of Fine Arts) which is part of UNSW.

bustinjustin

HSC
tea-head said:
Hey there. I'm hoping to do an arts course like fine arts or visual arts at uni. Anybody know if this uni is good for that?
Yes there is a
'fine arts' course at Sydney Uni's "Sydney College of the Arts" at Rozelle, apparently a fine, close knit campus in historical grounds by the water (sadly, never been there myself). COFA (UNSW), in paddington, is very hip, urbane, that sort of thing, and also has B. Design, and a B. Art Theory too.

Not really in a position to generalise about any uni, but I can say that you should also check out the National Art School if you're serious about fine arts (not that you shouldn't consider the SCA and COFA if you are). National Art School is different in a way, a traditional focus on technical/practical/drawing skills, but also makes art theory and history courses compulsory (now some of those, I've done, with the brilliant Jethro Lyne, but the rest of the staff are excellent too), but I'm guessing art history and theory is similarly offered at the SCA and cofa

Ahh, I miss art now

Last edited:

Nagwa

HSC
tea-head said:

yup...university of sydney have a seperate campus named..."sydney college of the arts"..where u can complete a bachelor in visual arts =)its located in rozell if uno where that is...you just take a bus from town hall and it takes u thier in 5 mintues or less...
thats what im currently doing now and its amazing!
hope that helped=)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)