Creative Arts Interview Letter 09 (1 Viewer)

harryc

HSC
They told us they'd start sending out offers as soon as the interviews finished, but knowing UOW, we won't find out till early Janurary at the absolute earliest.

cole-

HSC
N/A
REALLY?
they didnt tell us that
i assumed we'd know when everyone else knew, through UAC and all that

harryc

HSC
We definitely find out before UAC preferences close, so we can like adjust and change depending on whether or not we got offers to creative arts.

Nightsarah

HSC
I was interviewd by Joshua (I'm pretty sure that was his name) for creative writing.
He was very nice and the interview couldn't have gone better.
He told me that I'm basically in the course already which is REALLY cool. Immediatley after my performance audition I was rushed down to the interview so I didn't really have a chance to compose myself or be nervous. The questions he asked were challenging though - he asked me what are they things I admire most in literature, and how that reflects in my writing. I didn't expect it to be so specific but I answered well. Just be honest. I openly said that I don't like poetry very much when he told me that first year is mainly prose and poetry - he said he didn't like it much either lol. It was fine.

It is strange because he told me I will be finding out in a couple of weeks - before christmas - if i got it. And that it should be either guaranteed or conditional entry. Same with performance - some people find out before Christmas. Well, thats what Janyce told me and some of the BCA students found out before xmas too. I think the stages go: before xmas, late jan, early feb.
I don't know.

There's no point tellingyou not to worry - because you probably will anyway. But just remember that it is not the end of the world. Whatever will be, will be (the future's not ours to see, que sera sera!) =]

Last edited:

harryc

HSC
Yeah that must have been the same guy that interviewed me - I thought Joshua was his name. And yeah, he gave me the impression I'd gotten in, like he kept on saying "I couldn't be a better fit for this course" but he kept on adding, of course I can't say anything because it's only the first day of interviews.

Gah, I just want to find out. It's killing me.

Nightsarah

HSC
Yeah that must have been the same guy that interviewed me - I thought Joshua was his name. And yeah, he gave me the impression I'd gotten in, like he kept on saying "I couldn't be a better fit for this course" but he kept on adding, of course I can't say anything because it's only the first day of interviews.

Gah, I just want to find out. It's killing me.
Congrats :D
You didn't do performance also, did you?

Is there anyone that was at the monday performance audition on here?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Oh man Josh is awesome.

Seriously love that guy. He's insanely intelligent and one of the best lecturers I ever had at uni. He's not a poetry fan though (had many an argument on that point :p) but after first year you never have to do it again if you don't want to.

And some of the people in my course found out before Christmas or during the first round of UAC offers. They give out a few spots to the kids they love before all the UAC stuff and then round it out in January. But because places are limited it's very rare that anyone gets an offer in the second round.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I don't think anyone else on here was there that day Sarah...

BTW, from what I saw, you did quite well on the day. Congrats.

sj1990

HSC
I was told I received an unconditional entrance for production and a conditional entrance for creative writing, they said if it were just my portfolio that was needed for the dean's scholar course I'd be in, but they need the atar to be sure... Is it normal to be told on the spot?

JesseMatheson

HSC
I wasnt told on the spot but I think I did pretty good today... well I hope I did anyway...

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I was told I received an unconditional entrance for production and a conditional entrance for creative writing
As in Performance Production, or Sound Comp and Music Production?

sj1990

HSC
Performance production, and I was told by current students that they are pretty desperate, so that may be why they were so quick to decide.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Performance production, and I was told by current students that they are pretty desperate, so that may be why they were so quick to decide.</SPAN>
They definitely need them. It's only myself and two others in the year above you for Performance Production.

sj1990

HSC
Has anyone received their letter of acceptance into their chosen course yet? I received mine on tuesday - pretty stoked I was accepted before the HSC results came out!

Does anyone know how many positions there are for the Creative Writing course?

Thanks - and I hope everyone is pleased with their results!

alen.d

HSC
SJ, I got my acceptance letter a few days before the results came out. Pretty stoked, got into both Journalism and Creative Writing, then a few days later the one I was waiting for came- for the double degree.
Now I have the tough decision of doing the double degree at Wollongong or going to CSU and doing Journalism seperately.
Oh by the way, in my interview for creative writing, I had Dr Josh Lobbs, great guy. He told me there were over 250 applicants, only 50 positions.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Go for the double. It's not much more work, and it looks much better on your resume at the end. Plus, it takes less time than doing them as seperate degrees.

alen.d

HSC
Yeah but isn't CSU much more prestigious?
Won't that help in the end with getting a job out of university?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Not really. They're much of a muchness. Wollongong is in the top 2% of uni's anyway. I was basically in the same position, and choose the double in the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)