• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Crappy lecture times (1 Viewer)

saraproblem

HSC
I have crappy lecture times. I have a 5pm lecture on Mondays and Wednesdays, which means I won't get home until about 8 (yeah, I live a fair bit away).

Would it be a massive problem if I decided to just not go to that lecture anymore, but go to an earlier one instead? I know there's one for the same subject earlier on in the day that would be a lot better for me, but I don't want to inconvenience anyone by taking their seat in the lecture.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
depending on wat degree u doin, u mite be able to access online lecture notes, so u mite not have to go to that lecture all the time, but lots of ppl are suggesting to actually go to ur lectures, rather than stay home and look at em online.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
Yes, you should go to an earlier lecture time. Tutorials are a little bit different because they can easily become overcrowded, but there are likely to be extra seats in the lecture room and it won't make any difference to anyone but you.

saraproblem

HSC
OK cool. Thanks!

Is it still ok if the class timetable says that the lecture is full? Like I said, I don't want to inconvenience anyone else. Hopefully not everyone will turn up...?

Vylen

HSC
if you want to be certain, check the number of enrolled students at the moment and then go to the room and check the maximum capacity, its always written somewhere... there may be additional seats somewhere if you're lucky...

as for people not turning up, wait a week or two before numbers begin to dwindle...

drmix

HSC
N/A
noone cares or checks what lectures u go to...

just go to the earlier one...

not everyone is gonna turn up neways

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
by the 3rd week the lectures rooms are going to be a lot less crowded as people generally cant be bothered showing up.

but if it really is crowded then just sit on the floor or the steps. most of the lecturers dont seem to mind. i consider it the polite thing to do if you walk into a packed theatre late and decide you dont want to piss off a dozen people to get a seat.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
well my accounting 1a lecture last year was in the law theatre; and they checked everyone's id cards to see if they're enrolled because itwas filled to its max.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
drmix said:
noone cares or checks what lectures u go to...

just go to the earlier one...

not everyone is gonna turn up neways
this is the answer

disko

Working Class Hero
HSC
saraproblem said:
I have crappy lecture times. I have a 5pm lecture on Mondays and Wednesdays, which means I won't get home until about 8 (yeah, I live a fair bit away).

Would it be a massive problem if I decided to just not go to that lecture anymore, but go to an earlier one instead? I know there's one for the same subject earlier on in the day that would be a lot better for me, but I don't want to inconvenience anyone by taking their seat in the lecture.
i have two tutorials on mon/wed ending at 7pm/8pm and i live over 2 hours away, so while i don't really feel sorry for you just go to the earlier lec

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)