crap mark huge effort (1 Viewer)

rob_hs

HSC
N/A
I came on, thinking I would write one of those how I made it regardless of HSC/UAI/ATAR etc stories. But then thinking back, when I bombed out with a crap mark, such a story from some really old and not-that-relatable mid-20s guy would not have helped me that much.

So the message is simple, not making it into uni, or the uni of your choice is a life changing event. But not for the worse.

I would not take back anything which has happened to me since my initial failure of a final school mark. I started living. I have worked in banks and NGOs, traveled, done a totally different degree then what I would have done with post high school mind, honours, masters, received scholarships, grants and landed a dream job and turned down others.

Doing badly in your HSC is only a problem if you are desperate to be going to work from 8:30am-8:30pm for the next 40 to 50 years of your life (which I hope no one is). Enjoy uni, if you made it in. It's amazing. And enjoy freedom if you did not. Use this amazing uncommitted time, to do and go anywhere in the world (only time you get it), anyway, if you really want in, you can go later, it's not that hard, many other non-HSC/ATAR ways.

- rob

rob_hs

HSC
N/A
How? Effort, skill, luck I guess in short. I can write it out if you want. But really life's about making effort and putting in hard work towards doing the things you love, not about racing your friends in some perceived set of hoops you have to jump through. Do what you love, you'll do well. Outside of school there are no cool kids to judge ones success or failure. As it becomes totally subjective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)