Course Selection for B Com/B Art Combined (1 Viewer)

absautz

HSC
Course Selection is too confusing for me....

I am planning to major in Actuarial Studies for B Com and Japanese Studies for B Art

Changing the ECON 1202 and ECON 1203 to MATH1151 and MATH1251 repectively and finishing the other Core Business courses for the Actuarial Studies with 2 Japanese Studies courses on top of that for First Year.

Does this sound like a good plan? Or is it better to start the Required Courses in the first year?

ACTL1001 Actuarial Studies and Commerce (6 UOC)
ACTL2001 Financial Mathematics (6 UOC)
ACTL2002 Prob & Stat for Actuaries (6 UOC)
ACTL2003 Stochatic Mod for Actuaria App (6 UOC)

????
Please help me sort out my courses for first year of uni....

aja152

HSC
N/A
absautz said:

I am planning to major in Actuarial Studies for B Com and Japanese Studies for B Art
http://www2.fce.unsw.edu.au/contribute2/fce/future/undergraduate/CombinedDegrees/images/UntitledImage8.jpg
Changing the ECON 1202 and ECON 1203 to MATH1151 and MATH1251 repectively and finishing the other Core Business courses for the Actuarial Studies with 2 Japanese Studies courses on top of that for First Year.

Does this sound like a good plan? Or is it better to start the Required Courses in the first year?

????

hi.
ACTL1001 is for first years while ACTL2001, actl2002, actl2003 are for 2nd years. you probably have figured it out.... but as you can see from the starting number eg. ACTL"1"001. But apparently actl1001 is only available in semester 2, so you cant really choose that, (im doing actuarial st. aswel :) )
anyways.. mmm im not sure myself about course selections so...... gl

Last edited:

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
absautz said:

????

If by "required courses in the first year", you mean the 6 core that they force us to do, then no - you don't have to. but it would be good to do at least 2 of them in the first year. And definitely 2 jap courses in the first. I have friends who do actuarial, and what they did was 3xcom core and 1x actuarial specific. But as you're doing com/arts, you should probs do... 1xactuarial, 1xjap and 2xcore. It will probably be easier for you, as opposed to doing 2xactuarial first-off!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)