Course Reflections (1 Viewer)

ghoolz

HSC
Course Reflections (Real - the other screwed up)

I was wonerding what your course reflections were for the year?

I was looking at some threads last week and thought that there was some weird stuff being posted - the third derivative and the AM-GM thingy (dont ask me what they are cos i still dont know, I asked my teacher and he didnt know either) some of these things that people emphises on were too much and I think that there are a lot of people that spend too much time looking at other stuff. I dont think that they were used in the exam and if they were i didnt need them to answer the questions - so there could be a lot of time wasted on it. What were your views on the extra work?

Also what was your class structure/sizes and your timetables like for four unit and what amount of time would you spend studying a week/day?

I would do maybe one hour per fortnight or sometimes an hour a week leading up to the exams but would never do the amounts that i have heard some ppl do. I can first in my class and see that you dont need to do a lot of study to exceed in the course. My class would only have two 50 minute periods per week that was spent just on four unit, which isnt a lot.

Overall i thought that the cousrse was good. My favourite/best topic was intergration (but for some reason i was shit house at volumes, weird). I prefered/liked the longer and harder algbra style questions with huge eqn's.

The exam was good, i thought, covered most topics fairly well. Question was good and q2 was pretty good and then i went down hill a bit from there.

Any other comments I would love to hear them.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
My course reflection for two years (minus the irrelevant RPG obsessions on this post :))

My first year. I was a complete bludger, due to the introduction of wagging classes into pc game cafes. It was addictive. Counter-strike, friends to play with, all the fun of headshots, it was heaven. But heaven did take it's toll with it, as I started to get more and more addicted into skipping friday afternoon 4unit classes.

The introduction of online gaming of starcraft follows. What seemed to be the happiest year of my life, due to online games is actually the year which I learnt my biggest lesson. My 4u teacher asked me to drop it because of poor performance.

Then I realised that I shouldn't take my 4u-status for granted, and started working. Doing homeworks before the next exam. I got better, but not good enough. That's where the failure that is my first HSC year comes, with crap school mark and not-satisfactory exam mark...

Second year comes. I'm still not happy because i'm not rank #1, as history repeated. But history repeated only to a small degree, because I learnt to work. Or was that because of this forum, maths seemed better than ever. OLDMAN's question instilled that urge of doing maths onto me...

Since then, well, i actually started to like maths. So far, I only either liked it because it was good to show off (year 5-6), and nice scaling (11-12). At least maths now got something after starting visiting 4u forums.

As for the AM-GM and stuff, they actually increase your experience of handling different situations, and so does many other maths questions. Doing lots of past papers, the result can really be felt today, my exam felt so much times better than previous ones. I'm sky high.

sorry about the english reference :p. The exam was great.

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by underthesun
I was a complete bludger, due to the introduction of wagging classes into pc game cafes. It was addictive. Counter-strike, friends to play with, all the fun of headshots, it was heaven.

The introduction of online gaming of starcraft follows. What seemed to be the happiest year of my life, due to online games
shit!
we must be twins! haahaha

except then you went on to talk about how hard you worked and how good your exam was...........maybe we're not related hehehe

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by underthesun
My course reflection for two years (minus the irrelevant RPG obsessions on this post :))

My first year. I was a complete bludger, due to the introduction of wagging classes into pc game cafes. It was addictive. Counter-strike, friends to play with, all the fun of headshots, it was heaven. But heaven did take it's toll with it, as I started to get more and more addicted into skipping friday afternoon 4unit classes.

The introduction of online gaming of starcraft follows. What seemed to be the happiest year of my life, due to online games is actually the year which I learnt my biggest lesson. My 4u teacher asked me to drop it because of poor performance.

Then I realised that I shouldn't take my 4u-status for granted, and started working. Doing homeworks before the next exam. I got better, but not good enough. That's where the failure that is my first HSC year comes, with crap school mark and not-satisfactory exam mark...

Second year comes. I'm still not happy because i'm not rank #1, as history repeated. But history repeated only to a small degree, because I learnt to work. Or was that because of this forum, maths seemed better than ever. OLDMAN's question instilled that urge of doing maths onto me...

Since then, well, i actually started to like maths. So far, I only either liked it because it was good to show off (year 5-6), and nice scaling (11-12). At least maths now got something after starting visiting 4u forums.

As for the AM-GM and stuff, they actually increase your experience of handling different situations, and so does many other maths questions. Doing lots of past papers, the result can really be felt today, my exam felt so much times better than previous ones. I'm sky high.

sorry about the english reference :p. The exam was great.

very enlightening story indeed...*reaches for tissues*

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
the course is great, luv 4u maths, but regret not having done the work..and the test ...as a reslt of my efforts...was hard......
exactly the same for me...
i think i could have gone quite well in the course, had i not been so lazy

ghoolz

HSC
everyone seems so lazy towards 4 unit maths

might be because - yeah we're in the course...theres nothing we cat do - kind of attitude

wonder what ppl could do if they tried

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)