Course fees at enrolment (1 Viewer)

trina_288

HSC
Hi, i was just wondering if your wanting to pay your course fees up front, do we do this at enrolment? or can we opt to pay later, but before the 31st of March?

thanks

dark_wolv

The Member
HSC
i was also wondering how much are the union fees and how much do we pay for semester 1?

raspb3rry

♥♥♥
HSC
dark_wolv said:
i was also wondering how much are the union fees and how much do we pay for semester 1?[/QUOTE
Union fees are part of the compulsory subscriptions.
New students (full time) - $604
New students (part time) - $494
Previously at USYD (at least one year full time) - $493
Previously at USYD (at least one year part time) - $383

I got this in the acceptance and enrollment booklet, don't shout if its wrong >.<.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
dark_wolv said:
i was also wondering how much are the union fees and how much do we pay for semester 1?

You have to pay for the entire year at usyd. (This is despite VSU coming into force before sem 2)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
dammit i only have eftpos and that has a daily limit of 800 bucks, it would be more than that if we have to pay for a whole year eh??? fuck i dont know what to do :(

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Rafy said:
You have to pay for the entire year at usyd. (This is despite VSU coming into force before sem 2)
I think there's a way to only pay for half, I'll just have to talk with one of the board directors to figure out the specifics then I'll post it up.

Generator

HSC
N/A
hiphophooray123 said:
dammit i only have eftpos and that has a daily limit of 800 bucks, it would be more than that if we have to pay for a whole year eh??? fuck i dont know what to do :(
Huh? It's 604 for the full year (for a first year student). That's the subscription fees alone, of course - as you know, an upfront payment of your HECS liability runs into the thousands.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Voluntary Student Unionism - recent legislative changes

Current and commencing students at the University of Sydney will be aware that there has been a considerable amount of public debate over the Commonwealth Government's intention to amend the Higher Education Support Act so as to prohibit compulsory student unionism within universities.

The legislation giving effect to the Government's policy on VSU was passed by the Senate on 9/12/2005. The Act will come into force on 1 January, 2006 but the Government has allowed for a transition period in the legislation.

The effect of this legislation is that commencing and continuing students who are enrolled at the University in 2006, prior to 1 July, that is, students who commenced their 2006 enrolment in Semester 1, will be required to pay the subscription for the relevant student associations for the calendar year 2006 in accordance with current University Senate resolutions. Consistent with the legislation no student will be required to become a member of any student association or to pay the associated subscription from 2007. Voluntary membership will of course be an option.

Commencing and continuing students who are enrolling for the first time in 2006 for periods of study that commence from 1 July 2006, that is, students enrolling for Semester 2, 2006 who were not enrolled in Semester 1, 2006, will not be required to become members of student associations or to pay subscriptions to those associations. Such students may however join student associations and pay subscriptions on a voluntary basis.

The University places a very high value on the important contributions which student associations make to campus life and to the total experience of being a student at the University of Sydney.

micelite

<b>BOLD</b>
HSC
My area of study is in the 2nd band (annual cost is about $7000). If I choose to pay upfront will that mean that I will get a 20% discount and have to pay $5600 instead? Is that what most people do?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
No, most people defer, and in three-five years you could make back that 20% and more by playing the stock market with the money you'd use to pay upfront.

Generator

HSC
N/A
micelite said:
Is that what most people do?
This may surprise you, but most people aren't as rich as they'd like you think.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
Nope, first year Union fees for 2006 is $607.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)