Course change (1 Viewer)

~Perfection

-Funked Up-
HSC
Hey UTS people

Fingers crossed i get into IT next year...
But i was wondering what is it like to transfer? is it one of those long and drawn out processes?

Thanx :)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Internal or external transfers are the same process, you have to apply through UAC. its basicly the same process as applying during year 12, however i think half your marks come from uni marks and the other half is your uai.

~Perfection

-Funked Up-
HSC
cool.. thanx

because im hoping, that if i get the marks, i can get into your course copious... :)

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Originally posted by ~Perfection
mark?

internal
well I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd add my response.

Internal transfer are NOT the same as external transfers, otherwise they wouldn't be called different names =P.

External transfers go thru UAC.

Internal transfer go thru UTS. So for example, if you transfer from IT to Business, then the Faculty of Business will handle your transfer. Internal transfers depend on your uni marks only (for the previous 2 semesters usually), and sometimes on your personal statement. All you have to do is fill out a form (details can be provided from your relevant faculty) and hand it in before the due date (usually 30th Nov for transfers the year after). If you have like a D average then you have a good chance, but it also depends exactly what you want to transfer to. Just try to do your best in first year and get good results to transfer. Also, if you transfer within a faculty, it is usually easier than across a faculty. It's not a very long process, you just fill out the form. When you get accepted, you say either yes or no, then you have to go to the faculty and change your subjects for your new degree.

Hope that helps.

Truly_bored

HSC
how bout external transfers...
Say i wanted to transfer from UWS Bachelor of Nursing to UTS's Bachelor of Nursing/International Studies?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Then you'd go through UAC as a NRSL (Non-Recent School Leaver). They'd look at your Uni marks and your UAI, hold them up to the light (and their scaling tables) and come up with a number which tells them how much they like you...or not. This is where they decide whether you're worthy of transfer or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)