Counter-Strike: Source (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
For those who don't remember the best tactical multiplayer game ever made, CS. It has been a hit since its creation. And now with the Half-life 2 engine ready, the second version has been released.

Personally i havent played, for those who have played the Counter-Strike: Source can you mention ur thoughts of the more detailed 3d shooter.

For the experts: I have a halflife 1 cd key, which allows me to play CS on steam. Does that allow me to play Counter-Strike: Source with the same cdkey? thanks in advance.

r0wlzii

No, it doesnt. You need a CD key preloaded/preordered. I purchased an ATI Radeon 9600XT so I got it free w00t w00t.

Source is much better than the old CS I dont care how many people will disagree with me. Super buggy, its obvious it should have been bought off beta just yet. The maps are a big improvement.

Offce is probably the best now, Aztec alon with Dust 1 and 2 are the same old, Cobblestone is great now with sniper areas having white backgrounds so you can see the players heads better. Havana is interesting having 4 or so ways between the T's and CT's. Each new round the different ways open and close allowing for interestin gameplay. Piranesi is another big improver probably my second favourite.

No new models or weapons as of yet though. Better be out soon.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i heard if u have the condition zero cd key u could play the beta version?>

HSC
a bit off topic..but does anyone know how to retreive steam account details?..i only re-installed cs today but forgot all my details. -_-"

r0wlzii

Neg. Could email Steam and they could email you your Steam Account name and password. Its usually just your email (no free accounts, if that helps).

Good luck but, bad thing to do lol.

scruffy012

HSC
r0wlzii said:
Neg. Could email Steam and they could email you your Steam Account name and password. Its usually just your email (no free accounts, if that helps).

Good luck but, bad thing to do lol.
heh good luck on that, i emailed steam help on a problem on CZ and no answer 3 months later...... but yeah the graphics are honestly awsome even in low detail (hehe modem) it is buggy and the AI is low, but the comparision of aztec between CS, CSCZ, and CS S is astounding, it's got improved physics, ie you can shoot barrels and they fal and roll around on the ground, but theres only 2 models on the beta....

well thats off the top of my head

scruffy

Immolate

Elvish Warrior!
HSC
I really REALLY hate CS. But, very early this morning I was bored, so I decided to fire up CS:Source since I hadn't yet, and, well, it was rather enjoyable playing with the new engine. I do recommend it!

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
i think i'm gonna go out tomorrow and try to buy it from EB
i will probably get 0wn3d but hey
i'm a n00b an i know it

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
i bought it on friday
been playing it non-stop
it needs more maps tho
just a question, will there be death match in it?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
apparently not yet, i heard there is a HL2 death match very soon, you can register, it pops up on my steam.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
i play c.s real fuken addictive stayed up to like 2am playing n watching daivd lettermen too one night lol!!

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
bowman said:
i bought it on friday
been playing it non-stop
it needs more maps tho
just a question, will there be death match in it?
Where can u get cs source from shops in aus?

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
i got hl2 yesterday from dick smith for $64

pretty cheap ;)

on the other hand, since i had already a registered steam account with Valve with a "free email accoount" all i had to do was to use that to register my hl2 key.

what's the deal with free email accounts then? ":s

WangzoR

HSC
N/A
cs source , its good besides the fact that it deosnt run that well on my computer so i dont play it as often, also its really n00b friendly on the net

blackbunny

HSC
CS Source is for fucking noobs. i fucking hate it so much>>>not as much as condition zero. cs on original hl engive will be the god. all leet players play cs 1.6. CS SOURCE IS FOR FUCKING NEWBS WITH THE NEW ENGINE THERE ARE MORE CAMPING SPOTS THAN EVER WAS.... FUCK OFF. AND ITS NEWB FIENDLY >>>> SPRAY AND PRAY >>> 3 head shot in a row FUCKED OFF

is a roflcopter
HSC
i wish they make jeepathon source
or at least something you can drive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)