Countdown to the SC (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Who said your childhood is over once you finish the SC??? Doing the HSC in 3 days and I'm STILL in my childhood....

zergcave

HSC
why is everyone so gay for? SHAME on YOU!!!..... putting down the very motive for year 10s to study!! SHAME ON ALL OF U!!

are you all saying that you didnt need to have a year 11 student telling u that "SC means nothing' back in year 10....?

do u think itll make the year 10s feel better? rewind to ur SC year.....

anwyays advice to year 10s:
MATHS: baby test. one who fails to pass should jump out the window. it is essentially calculator based test - in other words - "who can punch the buttons?!". therefore even a standard/intermediate can pass this stupid test
ENGLISH: know how to write a formal piece!!!!! i guarantee you will get such a question worth BIG. do plenty of past papers on multipule choice.... wif both of those checked, i garantee u a band 5/6.
SCIENCE: do NOT miss out any pages - in my case (and about 25% of the candidature) i missed out a whole page in the 2003 sc. cost me a band 6.
GEO: practise ur bullshitting.... from a simple stimulus (a photo of a farmland say, learn to manipulate ur written answer to suit what the question is asking --> the questions are mainly very general - so EASY.
HISTORY: ask me for study notes

and btw, only worry about ur SC (SC is shit hahaha) if u plan on being a lifetime loser...

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
^ fcuk the year 10 SC.

year 10 is nothing

year 11 it gets bigger

year 12 it gets even bigger

i think you get the picture. i can assure you that by the time you get to year 11, you'll see the SC as a piece of shit. it's flimsey compared to the assessments in your senior years.

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
I need to ask a little question about the maths SC:

In last years SC did they have a formulas sheet? cause if they didn't i'm screwed. I kinda was never taught anything in regards to area, had to learn mysely during class and try to learn quadratic equations aswell (can't do those either, lol)

anyways, had my yearly maths test (i do adv.) and i kinda did skit house. i think that hte maximum mark out of 110 i can get is 70 or something...

4 weeks and 2 days to go....

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
^ 4 weeks and 2 days to go

!?!?!??!?!

you've got heaps of time there, why counting down so soon?
wait until there's 2 weeks or something

lol 4 weeks just sounds long

kylie_robbo

I am pretty certain that you don't need quadratics

The only forumlas that I remember using were area & volume (of various shapes - regular and irregular) and pythagorus...

impulse_17

HSC
guys, DONT STUDY FOR SC
it's meaningless and you cant fail it unless you havent turned up to school all year
and if thats the case then studying isnt gonna help anyway
NOBODY EVER LOOKS AT UR SC
NOBODY EVEN ASKS WHAT YOU GOT
AND besides its eaaaaaaasy to get at least band 5 in everything
i studied more for my yr 10 yearlies than what i did for sc
in fact i didnt study for sc

go out and have fun, save ur energy for the hsc...

machima

HSC
I'm not going to stress about it by any means, but not studying at all is just plain stupid. In order for us to become good at studying in the HSC years you got to start now if you haven't already and keep at it.

HSC
N/A
My peers seem to be really worried and stressed about the SC, and I just don't see why... Unless you're leaving in year 10 to go out into the workforce, I don't see why your SC marks would be a big deal at all.

We did our trials the other day, and I got one of the top marks in the grade for English, despite the fact I've been away 20% of the time, I don't do any homework, I studied not one bit, I've had Gladular Fever all year and a bad case of the flu during trials.

I found English, Geography, History and Science all to be really easy, but I struggled a bit in Maths though, because I'm a Standard student. I guess as long as you were listening during class and got the main gist of everything, you'll do great.

Anyway, the SC is not what you should really be worrying about at the moment, I think making sure you've picked the right senior subjects is more important... especially in the long run.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
My peers seem to be really worried and stressed about the SC, and I just don't see why... Unless you're leaving in year 10 to go out into the workforce, I don't see why your SC marks would be a big deal at all.

We did our trials the other day, and I got one of the top marks in the grade for English, despite the fact I've been away 20% of the time, I don't do any homework, I studied not one bit, I've had Gladular Fever all year and a bad case of the flu during trials.

I found English, Geography, History and Science all to be really easy, but I struggled a bit in Maths though, because I'm a Standard student. I guess as long as you were listening during class and got the main gist of everything, you'll do great.

Anyway, the SC is not what you should really be worrying about at the moment, I think making sure you've picked the right senior subjects is more important... especially in the long run.
man I should stop spamming but,
omg the HSC is tomorrow and you're worrying about the SC
I pity you your innocence...

machima

HSC
cherryblossom said:
Best to revel in it now as 'tis not long 'till we join the ranks of you lot.

HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
I wasn't worrying though? I was telling people not to worry so much about it

I personally think the SC is a joke and wish people would stop stressing themselves for no reason at all... soon it will all be over and I can finally start year 11, doing subjects I actually want to do and care about.... *woo!*

mishka

HSC
N/A
and don't forget to enjoy year 11 - it must be the best year!! of course, pay attention in class and learn all the stuff (cos you'll need it as basics for year 12). but seriously, year 11 doesn't count for anything - there are no externals, only internal assessments.

in short:
* if you're going on to year 11/12: SC is not important
* if you're leaving year 10 to go to tafe/college/workforce: make the most of it - this is your last chance!

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
2 weeks for Maths and History/Geography
1 week, 6 days for English and Science......

Getting closer...... :uhhuh:

lfc_reds2003

SC? omg

I did it last yr got band 6 for all but like id completely forgotten about it

Doesn't meany anything boys

I know your all like they are external exams so i better do well
Well to get band six u just have to write all this wanky bullshit about how great australia is and about how great it is that the world is so interconnected...

timrie6

HSC
N/A
I have never needed my school certificate let alone looked at it since I got it and I never will

I've forgotten everything that was in it too. A useless exercise

Last edited:

Big Nige

HSC
y have a countdown for School cert...when u can have one for my party
yeh...party
sc=party

C

CaR

hehe, you'd think of yourself foolish if you stressed for sc in two years time :D

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
i am not stressing, i am just saying that it is only 1 week and 1 day because i can and it feels like we have weeks and some people can wake up on the monday morning and say:

'oh, shit. I have my SC today and i don't know anything from yr 9'

i stress about yearlies but not the SC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)