Could someone define all the types of discovery for me? (1 Viewer)

Wurger

HSC
What are:
Physical, Intellectual, Spiritual, Emotional discoveries?

darkk_blu

HSC
There's pretty much no real end to what kinds of discoveries one can have but a few others are personal discovery (a big one, kinda a sub category) or self-discovery, there's also social discovery and familial discovery to name a few. The definitions of these discoveries really are just self explanatory but if you need a central discovery theme for your essays or notes, you can search it up or make a post and most people on here will be more than glad to help and give a few pointers as well.

darkk_blu

HSC
Also, these kinds of questions are answered in your rubric and you should really make an effort to go over your rubric again and again, I cannot emphasise how imperative it is to do so, you could have looked over it in previous high school years but even more so now. Key words and ideas are usually but almost always taken from there so a through understanding of it is key especially in your area of study which is your paper 1.

Frostguard

HSC
Physical- Discovering something not necessarily towards your body but by being at a new location eg discovering your body has been through a massive accident requiring amputation or discovering a new location as your body reacts to it (Antarctica = frosty feeling, Australia = hot af all the time)

Intellectual- Discovering you have an abnormal or unique sort of intellectual ability such as the ability to remember more than the average person or alternatively discovering that your disability/disorder is not a cursing but a blessing in disguise (trying not to be offensive here but maybe something like ADHD where you have heightened senses and reaction times, I might be making this stuff up lol I remember seeing it in a movie somewhere...)

Spiritual- Discovering a new religion/group/culture/tradition which influences the way you think and feel about other people and overall enhances your spirit. (Eg discovering buddhism and regularly going to temples and burning ashes and other Buddhist related stuff, tbh this is the most vague to me lol)

Emotional- Discovering something that influences your feelings, maybe hardening you/empowering/destroying you. (Eg discovering that a loved one has passed away - negative emotions feelings of grief/sadness or on the contrary, discovering something that makes you a stronger person both mentally and physically)

Creative- Discovering something which is unique and differs for each person. (Eg discovering that you can write, read, speak, paint or do anything that is perceived as new or different that a normal person) (just chuck in discoveries that appeal to your artistic side lol, not knowledgable on this either lol

That's just my opinion on the five types of discoveries, just know that they dont have to necessarily be single or alone, they can be entertwined with other discoveries (for example intellectual could go with physical like I mentioned above, the physical discovery is realising you no longer have the ability to hear, the intellectual discovery is the ability to learn sign language as a result of the previous discovery). :)))))

Wurger

HSC
Physical- Discovering something not necessarily towards your body but by being at a new location eg discovering your body has been through a massive accident requiring amputation or discovering a new location as your body reacts to it (Antarctica = frosty feeling, Australia = hot af all the time)

Intellectual- Discovering you have an abnormal or unique sort of intellectual ability such as the ability to remember more than the average person or alternatively discovering that your disability/disorder is not a cursing but a blessing in disguise (trying not to be offensive here but maybe something like ADHD where you have heightened senses and reaction times, I might be making this stuff up lol I remember seeing it in a movie somewhere...)

Spiritual- Discovering a new religion/group/culture/tradition which influences the way you think and feel about other people and overall enhances your spirit. (Eg discovering buddhism and regularly going to temples and burning ashes and other Buddhist related stuff, tbh this is the most vague to me lol)

Emotional- Discovering something that influences your feelings, maybe hardening you/empowering/destroying you. (Eg discovering that a loved one has passed away - negative emotions feelings of grief/sadness or on the contrary, discovering something that makes you a stronger person both mentally and physically)

Creative- Discovering something which is unique and differs for each person. (Eg discovering that you can write, read, speak, paint or do anything that is perceived as new or different that a normal person) (just chuck in discoveries that appeal to your artistic side lol, not knowledgable on this either lol

That's just my opinion on the five types of discoveries, just know that they dont have to necessarily be single or alone, they can be entertwined with other discoveries (for example intellectual could go with physical like I mentioned above, the physical discovery is realising you no longer have the ability to hear, the intellectual discovery is the ability to learn sign language as a result of the previous discovery). :)))))
Ok good, thankyou for clear definitions. Because if they ask in an essay for me to answer about a particular type of discover, I wouldn't know how to accurately approach it. Thanks for this

jjuunnee

HSC
You should also consider whether they are transformative (as in they drastically changed something whether it be external or internal), or whether they are indifferent or uninfluential. Also consider the process undertaken to reach that certain discovery. But anyway most things are covered in the rubric

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)