Cougar' sex campaign lands Air NZ in hot water (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
'Cougar' sex campaign lands Air New Zealand in hot water

Hillarious video. However, I'm amazed at all the complaints about it.

I simply don't see how this is offensive to women's rights groups? Isn't it the opposite: it's more degrading to men? It sees the women being empowered and taking on the stereotypically-male role in the dating/mating(?) game. So, if you show a man getting a girl easily (e.g. Lynx) that's degrading to women. If you show a woman getting a guy easily, that's also degrading to them?

It doesn't suggest women are easy to get when they're older, it shows men are easy to get.

At the end of the day, it's a joke.

Actually, let me paraphrase. At the end of the day, it's a highly effective advertising campaign which will ensure global coverage and free advertising for a virtually-unknown airline (and country). Kudos, Air NZ!

banco55

HSC
The whole "cougar" meme seems made up by a writer at Cosmo. Would anyone think it's "empowering" for over the hill, middle aged men to be chasing 20 something women?

I'm not sure why it's empowering for middle aged women who think they are carrie from sex and city but more closely resemble patty or selma from the simpsons to be chasing much younger men? Seems more pathetic and sad than anything else.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
"We have also had complaints from male survivors who have been raped by women and they are very distressed that their situation is being laughed at and made out to be humorous," director Kim McGregor said.

i lol'd

LordPc

HSC
I fail to see the connection between cougars and NZ Air

its not offensive to womens rights groups or any demographic of society except the comically challenged. its a nice little piece and i think that the womens rights groups are just trying to pick fights.

seriously, if you dont like something, then dont watch it or support it. its not societies job to make sure that you arent offended by anything.

and the really stupid thing is that by making a big stink about the ad, the womens rights groups have propelled the advertisement international media. great job ladies. now the whole world can see the ad. bravo

*slow sarcastic clap*

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Loved it. Not offensive at all. Has nothing to do with rape either.

The whole "cougar" meme seems made up by a writer at Cosmo. Would anyone think it's "empowering" for over the hill, middle aged men to be chasing 20 something women?
Absolutely. When I'm a middle aged man I hope to be fucking 20 something women, and yes, I would feel very empowered.

philphie

Banned
HSC
i am absolutely wholeheartedly against this ad. were they the best fucking cougars they could fine!?!?!? what a disgrace!!!!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.

pman

Banned
HSC
Loved it. Not offensive at all. Has nothing to do with rape either.

Absolutely. When I'm a middle aged man I hope to be fucking 20 something women, and yes, I would feel very empowered.
It does porttray the male as having no chance to reject the woman therefore making it rape.....having said this, its a publicity stunt trying to make the news

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.At the end of the day, it's a joke.
wat r u trying to say ?

It's a joke ?

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
Need more funny ads.

Kudos to Air NZ for making advertising that little less tedious.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
wat r u trying to say ?

It's a joke ?
im trying to say at the end of the day its a joke

for example, if the rockets that the HAMAS terrorists fired into israel were labeled "JOKE" then i'm sure there would be world piece

do you know what i mean

HSC
Men are being portrayed as fools and idiots all the time in commercials, even in cartoons and stuff men are being put down and such. But when one commercial depicts a woman in a "unacceptable" way - shit hits the fan, everyone has a sook. Double standards much?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Men are being portrayed as fools and idiots all the time in commercials, even in cartoons and stuff men are being put down and such. But when one commercial depicts a woman in a "unacceptable" way - shit hits the fan, everyone has a sook. Double standards much?
yes m8 its a grand feminist conspiracy

are the whirlpool forums leaking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)