Costs (1 Viewer)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
I think i basically get how hecs works

i want to know how much it is to enrol at different unis ie i know sydney has compulsory subscriptions of 500+ as well as text books and everything else

What about uts, acu , mac, uws. I've looked on their sites and havent found much

please help :uhhuh:

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i can't remember exactly, but mq is roughly $180 per semester.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Can someone tell me how much I should put away for textbooks in general? Are we talking a few hundreds or a few tens or something? :S

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
natstar said:
lol nah not that much. It depends on ur course. Not all units have text books Some units (especially english related ones if you do a BA) have readers which is a book put together by the unit co-ordinator of all different readings from all different sources- these dont cost as much as text books (prolly $30-$50 or even less) This semester just been all my text books for all 4 of my subjects cost ~$100 each give or take a few bucks- so thats $400. But most uni's have this bookstore known as The Co-op Bookshop. You can become a member for $25 and your a member for life and it gives you 10% discount on all books you buy from the bookstore.
Remember you also might need additional materials like novels if you do english related units, or study guides if you find a unit difficult.
thank you natstar! Once again! :)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to natstar again.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm I roughly spend (if I buy all compulsory books at full cost) $600 a year for textbooks/course readers, and about $480 a year in student fees

Then you'd have to take into account transport (about $750 a year in travelpasses)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Around $100 to $150 per subject. Of course that depends on what subjects you will be taking. Science for example, requires textbook, on top of lab manuals as well, and dissection kit (for bio, safety glasses for chem).

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Last year i spent $80 on textbooks and my student fees were about $300 as natstar said for the whole year - so it wasn't really expensive.

klh

HSC
uws: 158.40 ~ 316.80 p/yr.

My books cost aorund 400 too, so expensive because sometimes lecturers change books which means you cant buy second hand ones on the notice board.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
don't forget about misc expenses ... so much is spent on photocopying ... sometimes its easier to borrow the book and photocopy at office works ... u save a couple of cents ... but it adds up over time.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
natstar said:
Check the ACU website?
Yeah photocopying and printing adds up. I have to print all my stuff off at uni cuz i dont have a computer- so thats 11c per page
Natstar wouldn't you be better off to go to officeworks or something ... i think that theres one in blacktown ... sure it only saves you 4c a page ... but when you double up and the amount of photocopying that you do, it will eventually save you some money. Its only a suggestion though.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
natstar said:
Check the ACU website?
Yeah photocopying and printing adds up. I have to print all my stuff off at uni cuz i dont have a computer- so thats 11c per page
last year in the physics labs i'd just print off heaps of lecture notes straight from their printers :)
ah the free things in life :eek:

Mike iE

HSC
ACU is $40 per subject according to a flyer they gave me.... so thats $160/ semester i guess

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I spend around $950 last year on transport (including this summer session). Since there's a hike increase, I'll spend roughly $806 on transport.

Textbooks, I really only buy compulsory lab manuals, and Japanese textbooks. As for the rest... computer science doesn't need them, as such. Google has all the info I need. But for Japanese textbooks last year, I spent $345. Hopefully this year I'll spend less. :)

klh

HSC
this is why i envy the computer and engineering students at UWS, computing students get $25 free credit [11c p/p] given to them each semester while the engineering students can print as much as they want fro free [own paper though]. note also that they [engineering] get the best computers and are locked for only them to use.

transport costs are a bitch because the first semseter i didnt knw anything about trains so i didit knw about weekly tickets. it cost me more in single tickets than the 7 day pass 18.50 [depends on the destination, mine was penrith].

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh said:
transport costs are a bitch because the first semseter i didnt knw anything about trains so i didit knw about weekly tickets. it cost me more in single tickets than the 7 day pass 18.50 [depends on the destination, mine was penrith].
I was bored one day and worked out that transport costs me just over $300 a semester going between denistone and richmond :mad:

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
>$500 a year for travel costs?! *jaw drops*
~$400/semester for textbooks? *teeth chatters*

i'll never be able to save up enough for an exchange! *cries*

ahh... must study bum off to get scholarship...and gotta be super stingy in uni.. no presents nor gelato! =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)