Core Study/Teacher issues (1 Viewer)

xlil-miss-muffx

HSC
Okay my teacher has been away for the past three weeks and i'm really worried about falling behind! Luckily, she gave us our assignments before she fell sick which will pretty much finish the topic for us (we're doin different aspects of Pompeii, basically dot points from the syllabus) but my class are lazy craps and have hardly started their assignments. now i'm thinking that my mark is going to be affected because the people in my class can't be bothered doing their work because we have a young substitute and they can't ask my teacher questions about the assignment. Does anybody have any suggestions for what i can do about actually completing the topic? are there any good books i could look at that i can use to basically teach myself the topic?

any help would be appreciated!

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
xlil-miss-muffx said:
Okay my teacher has been away for the past three weeks and i'm really worried about falling behind! Luckily, she gave us our assignments before she fell sick which will pretty much finish the topic for us (we're doin different aspects of Pompeii, basically dot points from the syllabus) but my class are lazy craps and have hardly started their assignments. now i'm thinking that my mark is going to be affected because the people in my class can't be bothered doing their work because we have a young substitute and they can't ask my teacher questions about the assignment. Does anybody have any suggestions for what i can do about actually completing the topic? are there any good books i could look at that i can use to basically teach myself the topic?

any help would be appreciated!
No matter how bad your class is, if you maintain an internal rank of first you will be able to overcome their hopelessness. Just keep working is the best advice...unless you have access to a cattle prong to get the lazy students ass back into gear.

Edit: This is in the wrong section

Last edited:

ndobson

HSC
N/A
Hi xlil-miss-muffx

Do you have any Ancient History texts available in your school library? I would recommend getting hold of the Heinemann book on Pompeii & Herculaneum by Zarmati, along with the Lawless book 'P & H Interpreting the Evidence' and another well worth getting hold of is the Lazer and Brennan book of the same name. Dr Lazer has worked on the Pompeii site so her info is up-to-date. There is also a multitude of information on the Internet on this topic.

If you are still stuck with your assignment or have specific questions, post your email address and questions (or send me a PM) and I might be able to help - I'm an Ancient teacher and went to P & H earlier this year.

Cheers.

xlil-miss-muffx

HSC
Thanks guys that helps a lot...

my teacher still isn't back but my school has another teacher for us...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)