Core Exam Section ... (1 Viewer)

sj1990

HSC
Hey guys Just wondering if I'm right in presuming they pick something from each sub-section of the syllabus?Just trying to condense my P&H notes ... there are so many, for what seems to be such a simple section of the paper. The first three marks seem to be a give-away ... is that always on the Geographical Context, or am I just presuming it to be? Just trying to limit my time spent studying on the core so I can focus on the extended responses. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems to always be structured like the following:Q1 a & b Source 1 on Geographical Context.Q1 c on one specific feature in the Nature of Sources and EvidenceQ 2 on a second specific feature in Nature of Sources and EvidenceQ 3 on Investigating, reconstructing and preserving the past.

SamQ

HSC
Yes, usually a/b are answering a question about a source or on the geographical context.. I have seen in half yearlys the first a,b ask whether the source was a primary or secondary. Then the (b) was asking to list 4 things mentioned in source 1. I wouldnt try and guess the format of the paper as the bos can change it; but just know in the back of your head they can only ask simple questions for 2 marks it will never be in depth, but it can be specific. The same applies for extended response, dont try and guess the subsections of the syllabus, but know each syllabus point in depth, and sometimes specifics (definately for Investigating, reconstructing and preserving the past) but considering the past few years of the P/H core study extended response have been on Investigating, reconstructing and preserving the past i wouldnt be suprised if they ask a more specific question from The nature of sources and evidence dotpoint; such as the the importance of religion or something about everyday life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)