COre 2 - oxygen (1 Viewer)

Claire

if anyone could help me really urgently i would appreciate it greatly-

describe the role of oxygen in the aerobic systems, the anaerobic system adn atp-pc system.
thanks heaps

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
with the anareobic and atp-pc systems oxygen is not used. you can actually run a whole 100m race without breathing, some sprinters do it. but in the aerobic system it is very important. oxygen is binded to heamoglobin molecules in the blood and these travel to the muscles where the muscles use the oxygen.

thats all i can remember... umm without wings might be able to help you more.

Claire

so i just have to talk about each energy system and weather they use oxygen or if it is needed for recovery ?

* yeah they have tested that by puttin a mask on athletes and they were only a tiny bit slower by not breathing but that was proberly cuased by the unusual feeling of running with a mask that doesnt let u breathe.

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
In the aerobic energy system, oxygen is used to break down lactic acid back into pyruvic acid. This pyruvic acid can then take the form of acetyl co-enzyme A which goes into the krebs cycle. We don't need to know about acetyl co-enzyme A and the kreb's cycle i don't think. But the main point is when oxygen is present, lactic acid breaks back down into pyruvic acid.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
ahh yeah thats right, forgot about that.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
damn i hate lactic acid, especially the next morning when you get out of bed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)