core 1 assessment task 2005 (1 Viewer)

angel_fire

HSC
please help if you can. I have the core one assessment task and I am having great trouble finding my information. it is due after the hols but i am panicing i am not going to have enough time. anyway I need to knoe the roles given to
1. individuals
2. health professionsals
3. the community
for the area of health promotion in depression (mental health)
or diabetes...

we can also choose from Asthma and injury
thanks so mcuh if you can help. Please

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
Characteristics of the new public health approach (In general)

Empowerment of individuals

• Groups without power, those who report feeling powerless, experience worse health
• When individuals are given the opportunity to participate in the political, social and cultural process, they are able to state their needs accurately- contribute actively to the development process designed to assist them
• It is a fundamental aspect of the new public health approach

Community Participation

• WHO- ‘strengthening community action’
• This approach supports strategies that are developed by communities- not strategies that are imposed on them
• Communities may feel a sense of ownership and confidence
• Communities can be characterised by many factors; geological barriers, race, socio-economic status
• Develop support and structures in helping communities achieve their goals
(From the Ottawa Charter)
• Strengthening community action- Establishing self help groups, encouraging social support and active participation in health related matters
• Examples in Australia include:
• Self help groups such as AA, CanTeen
• Lions club ‘driver reviver stations’

Angel Fire, I’m sorry that this information isn’t specific to mental health or diabetes but it is in general for all the priority areas. I hope this can give you a little bit of a guide as to what to do. If not I do apologise and maybe withoutwings or mrspeedy can help you a little bit more than me. Good luck with it!

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
whoa somebody is competing with withoutwings? nice work violentj

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
Hehe, I can't compete with that. Well done Withoutwings!

angel_fire

HSC
thanks

Thanks you all so much. it is amazing how much you have helped me. i was really panicing about what I was going to do as for I had no idea. You are a god sent. Thanks, thanks, thanks I can not say it enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)