Copyright (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
About time they thought about changing the laws.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
The fourth option would be to retain the current fair dealing exceptions but charge people a licence fee for private copying.

haha as if this is gonna work. those fools

anyway. what ever happens to the law it wont effect me, cause i dont follow it anyway.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Under current laws it is illegal to copy ... or to videotape a television program.
Well Foxtel was selling their latest set top box called Foxtel IQ (or something) and that was made with a hard drive (around 80gigs) to save tv programs/movies. Why? just the question "WHY?" would they sell these if they knew it would breach the copyright laws
APPENDED:
Doesn't all cd drives has a buffer, so a small part of it is copied before they convert it into real sound. Like those anti-shock discmans, they work by reading ahead and playing the data already contained in memory.

Last edited:

sunny

meh.
HSC
Just as are set top DVD recorders are designed purely to record TV programs. Its even openly suggested by advertisments during the Olympics. "You won't miss a minute" I remember the Panasonic ad saying. And until iTunes is released in Australia, then it seems there is still no legal way to use an iPod unless you listen to your own voice (though I had though this changed when the FTA was introduced.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)