converting music (1 Viewer)

chip

HSC
hey guys i dont know if this is in the right section but i have a music test i d/l but my computer won't let me burn it because it isnt compatible or something so is it possible to convert a windows media player file to a mp3 file?

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
Use Winamp 2.x to do it. Select "MP3 Writer" output plugin (in Options -> Preferences), and open & play the WMA file.

classic.winamp.com

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
About the burning, Nero lets me burn wma's as audio cds (and also mp3's of course), without having to convert them to wav beforehand (as was the case in the past).

Nero would let me burn wma's as data and audio cds, just thought you'd know (unless you've tried that and somehow it didn't work :confused: )

:)

fatmuscle

HSC
yeah, nero is heaps good.

somehow when I use Roxio, or Adaptec, the *.mp3 files don't work with my mp3/cd player

any clues?

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
Some of the mp3s i download dont play as nicely on my mp3/cd player, so I run them through MMJB's Convert option, and that usually fixes it.
But burn with Nero. Adaptec did weird things to the order that I wanted things on the cd (like - with 120 songs, puts them in damn alphabetic order, rather than cd/track number)

chip

HSC
i used nero and it said not compatible or something? yeh i dont no i'm not really computer wise

chris42

HSC
What version are u using of nero, 5.5 works for me, or 6 i'm pretty sure would have no problems at all ?

fatmuscle

HSC
Nero 5 and 6 work fine for me
but none of the adaptec ones work.

I got told there's a setting in adaptec, but not sure which one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)