conventional current and electron flow: when to use them? (1 Viewer)

some one body

HSC
my bad if this thread has already been made!

conventional current and electron flow, when are they used, as in equations and practical applications

im a bit confused.

whitnall8

HSC
Just assume that it means conventional current, the flow of positive charge, unless otherwise specified.

flaminwaffle

HSC
keep in mind that in an electrical diagram, the arrows always indicate the direction of current flow unless otherwise stated.

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
keep in mind that in an electrical diagram, the arrows always indicate the direction of current flow unless otherwise stated.
and by current he means conventional. in 99% of cases, they will be talking about conventional current

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Conventional current it is assumed the current flows out of the positive terminal into the negative.

Electron flow is the opposite. It is important to read the questions given carefully, take for example this question in the past HSC

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2002exams/pdf_doc/physics_02.pdf

Q23 B,in this case they want to know electron flow.

My tip, ANY QUESTION FROM IDEAS TO IMPLEMENTATION wants electron flow and I always used the left hand rule for that module, becuase they wanted electron flow and not conventional current,as someone said in MOTORS AND GENERATORS its 99% conventional current.

If you have anymore questions just ask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)