Continuers French (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
what did you think?
my thoughts:
listening -sort of hard, i made up some answers
comprehensions - hard questions, but once i read the information enough times they were ok. but there were too many which involved analysing language!
written - i didn't like that we had to respond to an article, with our experiences
6 mark question - i thought they were both hard! you had to know about cooking / the south of france
9 mark question - they were better than the 6 marks!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
what did you think?
my thoughts:
listening -sort of hard, i made up some answers
comprehensions - hard questions, but once i read the information enough times they were ok. but there were too many which involved analysing language!
written - i didn't like that we had to respond to an article, with our experiences
6 mark question - i thought they were both hard! you had to know about cooking / the south of france
9 mark question - they were better than the 6 marks!
Listening.. estimate 80%
French *cough English* reading.. pretty easy, should be around
95-100
Responding in French- eeeehhh.... toughy.. can't tell, 75+
Both writings also definitely 75+

Ditto for the made up some answers about listening btw. By some I mean the last one or two, which I'm sure I lost around 3 marks on.. rest were very straight foward

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
i thought it was ok, listening was the toughest ive ever done, but i got through it. comprehension was ok, wasted abit of time using my dictionary, but it wasnt too bad.

writing tasks, the diary entry one i think i stuffed, i didnt really go into enough detail for a 15 mark question, which im annoyed with. The cooking one i liked, i had fun with that and said i was a disaster in the kitchen, set the curtains on fire, broke the oven, hehehe. and the speech to the exchange students was pretty easy, although i doubt i did very well on it.

i dont know whay but i forgot alot of language structures that i should have easily remembered, so in that respect i doubt the examiners will be impressed with what they see. but it wasnt too dodgy.....we'll see i guess!

im sure everyone carved up

cheers

parko :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by parko
and the speech to the exchange students was pretty easy, although i doubt i did very well on it.
CRAP!!! exchange students??? i didn't really specify, but i think they will realise i was speaking to students in general! :anger:

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
the only part i specified that it was exchange students was when i said to them that "you should participate in these activities because it will give you a taste of our culture and lifestyle, and we will get to understand your background etc etc etc...."

im sure they get the gist of it!!

as long as you addressed an audience and were talking about extra curricular activities me thinks its ok.

parko:D

superboobies!

the comprehension reading bit was pretty good, but the writing worth 15 marks required way too much reading for my liking.
i don't think that the writing tasks were too difficult, but then again i didn't do the cooking one. what the hell was that question, anyways? but then, i didn't know much about cooking

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Listening: Hard but easier than I expected.

Comprehensions: English Paper 1 in disguise! HORRIBLE

Writing in general: try to chuck in as much stuff and techniques I know as possible.
Reading and Responding: i kept writting and rewritting and still couldn't get it right!
6 marky: the south of france one is okay, but I got a really really general response so i guess it'll be high competitive
9 marky: Did the report, but didn't like it. I didn't like Question A either.

In general: better than the maths paper I did this morning
French-wise, I think i'll get about 70-80 if the markers are generous

dunno, we'll have to see until the results come out.

superboobies!

the listening was very shitty. i had no idea what was going on half the time, and i don't think there was a good variety of questions

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
CRAP!!! exchange students??? i didn't really specify, but i think they will realise i was speaking to students in general! :anger:
I was starting to write about that question until I realise <<French exchange Students>>

switch to:

A pretty shxt report LOL

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by sugaryblue
Comprehensions: English Paper 1 in disguise! HORRIBLE
what was with that? i thought my days of bs english techniques were over

RJ

HSC
I was surprised at how short the listening seemed in comparison to some we've done in class - it was a bit dodgy, but at least there were no spelling or phone number questions!!

When I spoke to my teacher afterwards, she was appalled that we'd had to do so much analysis of language in the reading because apparently after last year many people made a huge fuss to BOS, but I just tried to write as much as possible!

Writing has always been my favourite section, and I didn't find the three tasks too terrible. I wasn't too keen on the choices we had, but I ended up chosing the south of France one and the article about kids staying home for longer.

Yesterday was a really exhausting day - Maths Ext in the morning and French afterwards - I'd so completely had it by the end!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
what was with that? i thought my days of bs english techniques were over
way too many techniques, attitudes, content, and tone. ~sigh~ luck that I haven't entirely forgotten all my english skills. but i just didn't know how to apply it to the text :rolleyes:

I was really really surprised at the comprehensions. ~sigh~

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
yeah i am so angry with the comprehension questions- i was positive i walked in thinking i was doing a french exam...?!!! i had no idea what to say about it, so i just said "oh yeha the tone is personal and she uses lots of descriptive words about her mum......" etc etc etc.

methinks it was totaly dodgy

not happy with that aspect

Sunline

HSC
French

What the hell did being in France have to do with the sleeping problems?!!

Listneing and reading were quite easy but had trouble thinking of something to write about for the writing task. Started yawning with the sleeping one and the article format for young people staying at home for longer wasn't easy.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by RJ
II just tried to write as much as possible!

Yesterday was a really exhausting day - Maths Ext in the morning and French afterwards - I'd so completely had it by the end!
haha i wrote so much! and i was exhausted last night
Originally posted by sugaryblue
but i just didn't know how to apply it to the text :rolleyes:
i think it's really hard to apply that stuff to french, so much harder than english, expecially questions like "what is the significance of this sentence?" (?!?!)
Originally posted by Sunline
no idea, did you actually make it clear you were in france? because i didn't think it had anything really to do with it. i thought it was more telling you that u were reading a french newspaper as u were in france.

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
Re: French

Originally posted by Sunline
i thought that too, my conclusion is that during the course we were studying youth and youth culture and basically anything that relates to teenagers...............it has nothing to do with france, but more to do with teenagers. i guess thats why they put it in.

i talked about how doing schoolwork into un-godly hours of the morning made me have bad nights sleep and i was always tired for class.............etc etc etc.

so methinks they said "ok you have to be in france to write in french" (it was a french exam after all!) "so what youth issue can we make the poor suckers write about.......?"

ie- reading a french newspaper article about tired kiddies

Helena

The responding tasks we did in-school were always really obvious with which points you needed to demonstrate your understanding of in your response but that one was out of whack... it could have just been any writing task I thought.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah, it was ridiculous. i didn't see the point of it at all.

Sunline

HSC
I said that I'd read an article in Le Monde and that now that I was in Paris I had no more sleeping problems.

emily

argh. i generally screwed it up.

the listening was way too tricky, they were trying too hard to confuse us.
first writing was fucked, argh argh argh. i crossed out my first two attempts and only wrote a page for my final piece - but it was funny because it went on about how much the article had freaked me out and now i'm going to fail my hsc.
youth hostel one was fine.
leaving home one was alright except i finished it really abruptly!!

argh argh argh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)