contiki (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
My partner and I booked a Contiki tour yesterday for January 06. We we originally going to do the 24 day tour but we couldn't get ANY flights for that dates we wanted to do so we had to push the holiday back and shorten the tour to 16 days. One of my bosses at work said he went on the 16 day tour and it was plenty.

But yeah, we're doing 5 nights in Japan ourselves, the 16 day Contiki tour of Europe and then we're gonna drive around England, Scotland and Wales ourselves for about 11 nights (the boy has family in Scotland so if we crash there for a couple of nights that will help the budget!).

Because its winter (and this is a harsh European winter we're talking about) the tours and stuff drop significantly in price (the tour Im doing is around $2500, its $3500 a couple of months earlier in the warmer weather) as does tourist accomodation, so if you're on a budget but want to see it all, winter is definitely the time to do it.

My partner and I aren't really party animals so we won't be attending most of the drunken post-dinner get-togethers (we'll make our own fun *wink wink*) but I think Contiki is the way to go if you're a first time traveller who just wants a taste of everything--if you wanted an indepth type experience you'd defintitely go back and do it yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)