Contest by Matthew Reilly (Matthew Reilly thread) (2 Viewers)

Demandred

HSC
Really liked his works. But does anyone think the conspiracy theories and the one man army concept is a bit far fetched? Look at Ice Station...

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I love his books.

Originally posted by Demandred
Really liked his works. But does anyone think the conspiracy theories and the one man army concept is a bit far fetched? Look at Ice Station...
Not really, no.

Personally, I loved all his books - but Scarecrow was very full on, especially considering who - uh - went away.

G

Gavvvvvin

I never thought that Gantt chic or whatever her name was really gonne die in Scarecrow.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Scarecrow was not that great a book... Too much action.

Ice Station, Temple, Area 7, Contest and then Scarecrow would have to be my order of preference.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Originally posted by _DeathlessOne_
I never thought that Gantt chic or whatever her name was really gonne die in Scarecrow.
You realise that you just ruined my brilliant cover-up of spoilers job that I did for people who HAVEN'T read Scarecrow?

G

Gavvvvvin

Originally posted by Kwayera
You realise that you just ruined my brilliant cover-up of spoilers job that I did for people who HAVEN'T read Scarecrow?
:p

dangerousdave

HSC
Well I just finished reading Scarecrow a few days ago. I already had that giant spoiler about that character so it wasnt a surprise for me.

I loved all MR books, they pretty much the only books I read. Favourite is Ice Station closely followed by Temple.

My least fav, is contest. It's still a very good book, but I read it after Temple and Ice Station so in comparison to them I didnt like it as much.

HSC
anyone noticed that dan brown (author of da vinci code) combined ice station and area 7's concepts into his book deception point? and there is even a character called mother! i mean, come on. dont steal ideas.

matthew reilly is in sydney soon giving a talk at ashfield library on the 20th of october at 1pm.

i recon that temple was the best. but ice station and contest were close runners up. i didnt like scarecrow very much.

if you get the chance, you should go to his website and read some of his short stories. they are very good.

also, hover car racer is released in book stores in the next week or two.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
Ice station was probably the best of the 3 schofield ones - it all seemed fresh and new and (relatively) plausible. After 3 books of the same improbable sort of stuff and non stop action, it wore a little thin. Contest and temple were good too, in their own ways... I will be interested to see the next one.

Demandred

HSC
Contest has to be the most far-fetched of all his books. Scarecrow was pretty good, but Ice Station was the best - I'd like to have some of those nitrogen charges :D.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Matthew Reilly rocks. I've read all of his books at least twice (including HCR, which I will be purchasing when it comes out in book form).

I wasn't disappointed by any of his books, actually, even Scarecrow. A7 had a funky plot and very intense battle scenes (although not on par with Ice Station) and Scarecrow was very much like that - but different.

I did have a biff with IS, though. Killer Whales are NOT Mean Nasty Man-Eating Beasts ™. In fact, they're not even whales - they're dolphins. *mutter* /end rant

dangerousdave

HSC
Hey Kwayera, I ended up buyinh scarecrow in paperback form and read it, and then i got HCR from RCMasterAA (from that convosation we had before the holidays).

btw, HCR is out in book form, I saw it at Big W a week ago.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
dangerousdave said:
Hey Kwayera, I ended up buyinh scarecrow in paperback form and read it, and then i got HCR from RCMasterAA (from that convosation we had before the holidays).

btw, HCR is out in book form, I saw it at Big W a week ago.
Really? Hardcover or paperback?

If it's in HC i'll wait to get it in PB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)