Content overload for trials (1 Viewer)

teridax

HSC
N/A
There's a ridiculous amount of content to revise and it's killing my brain (ugh).

So, what do you guys reckon there is to understand for eco?

I know I can grasp protection in terms of the trends showing its reduction, the graphs (tariffs, quotas, subsidies), exchange rates, BOP, all of topic 3 and macro policies; but apart from that, everything else seems conducive to rote learning. :(

Is it even possible to revise all the content without memorising?

aanthnnyyy

HSC
People say Eco has a lot of content I agree, but I actually find it a little easier to study since all the theory is integrated into every topic , i.e. Monetary policy is used everywhere... I guess just know the theory and how to apply it

austinbaric

HSC
I would recommend doing a few past papers, but refer to your notes when you answer them. This way, you will be gradually becoming more familiar with each topic until you no longer need your notes.

Ekman

HSC
It is of course true, eco is very content-heavy subject (that is probably the reason why some refer it to be an Asian-subject, as it isn't for everyone). In terms of studying for it, I personally just go through the chapter summaries in the Dixon textbook (I don't write notes for eco), and if there is any need for clarification for a particular section then I refer to it in the textbook. I used to read the textbook a few times before exams such as the half-yearlies, but now it takes me longer to read the ENTIRE textbook for trials, so I just refer to the chapter summaries and do short answer questions to test my knowledge.

In terms of retaining knowledge, I personally think that eco is a very interlinked subject, meaning all the chapters in some way are linked. Meaning if you know the ins and outs for a particular chapter, you should in some way link it to other chapters. (For example, linking a change in MER to protection to impacts on Domestic businesses to Eco growth, Unemployment, BOP to impacts on government to Macro policies... after some time it gets repetitive and useless but you get the idea). So as long as you can explain each chapter in terms of other chapters you should be fine.

This is just my personal opinion.

BayAreasFinest

HSC
I find the MC and short answers relatively simple, but the extended response is what I'm nervous about. I've been going over past papers, and I'm afraid I won't be able to write a sufficient essay on the spot. I've been practicing extended responses referring to my notes, but I'm a ways away from being able to do it independently. Does anyone have any advice in terms of structuring and planning the extended response?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)