Content mutual to year 11 and 12 (1 Viewer)

studynerd

HSC
Since year 11 and year 12 topics are far from similar. I wanted to know what key ideas and concepts we need to know from the year 11 course in order to start the year 12 course. My subjects are:
1) Physics
2) Chemistry
3) Economics
3) Studies of Religion II
4) MX1 (I'm planning to do MX2)
5) English advanced

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Chem: basically bits and pieces of everything from year 11 comes into play in year 12. But a head start is to be a pro at calculations.

studynerd

HSC
anything specific we need to know for physics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rivaille

HSC
All of maths, a few components in Eco (long run average cost curves, economies of scale, etc), everything except the environmental degradation and the history bs, and nothing for eng adv (except your essay/creative writing skills)

studynerd

HSC
All of maths, a few components in Eco (long run average cost curves, economies of scale, etc), everything except the environmental degradation and the history bs, and nothing for eng adv (except your essay/creative writing skills)
What subject is the "environmental degradation"?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
For Physics and Chemistry, when you look at the HSC syllabuses for both subjects, on the same page as the introduction (outline) of what the module is about, there are often dot points on what the assumed knowledge from previous years study that you should know before commencing this module.

studynerd

HSC
For Physics and Chemistry, when you look at the HSC syllabuses for both subjects, on the same page as the introduction (outline) of what the module is about, there are often dot points on what the assumed knowledge from previous years study that you should know before commencing this module.
Those "assumed knowledge" dot points can only be found on the year 11 syllabus :'(

i couldn't find them on the year 12 syllabus, or am i just blind? :|

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

simplyinsanity

HSC
^Most of the assumed knowledge is skills stuff iirc. Eg being able to balance equations, naming of chemical compounds etc

Rivaille

HSC
What subject is the "environmental degradation"?

Whoops, apologies. It's for Chem. There's new environmental stuff to learn in year 12, though... You'll have to write mini essay-type responses on these things.

bongoli

HSC
1) Physics - Right hand palm and grip rule stuff like that, there are some stuff from electrical energy in the home that are in motors and generators and also some stuff that bos expect you to know (space has some cosmic engine presumed knowledge in it)

3) MX1 (I'm planning to do MX2) - lol everything, yr 11 is the basis for yr 12 maths, you'll be tested on yr 11 materials too
5) English advanced - legit nothing, would recommend perfecting essay structure and maintaining good essay form which is crucial in year 12 english. But content wise, it's all different.

studynerd

HSC
1) Physics - Right hand palm and grip rule stuff like that, there are some stuff from electrical energy in the home that are in motors and generators and also some stuff that bos expect you to know (space has some cosmic engine presumed knowledge in it)

3) MX1 (I'm planning to do MX2) - lol everything, yr 11 is the basis for yr 12 maths, you'll be tested on yr 11 materials too
5) English advanced - legit nothing, would recommend perfecting essay structure and maintaining good essay form which is crucial in year 12 english. But content wise, it's all different.
Thhhaaannnkkkssss :) have you got knowledge about chem or eco?

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Since year 11 and year 12 topics are far from similar. I wanted to know what key ideas and concepts we need to know from the year 11 course in order to start the year 12 course. My subjects are:
1) Physics
2) Chemistry
3) Economics
3) Studies of Religion II
4) MX1 (I'm planning to do MX2)
5) English advanced

Physics/Chem - There's not really any content you need to remember, but the skills you learn in year 11 are assumed knowledge in year 12. Things like balancing equations and mole calculations in chem, appropriate use of formulas in physics.

MX1/MX2 - Everything from year 11 Advanced/Extension 1. Extension 2 is pretty much just harder Extension 1, because most of the topics in MX2 are related to topics in MX1, and the same for MX1 and advanced. You need to have a good understanding of every prelim/HSC topic if you plan on doing MX2. Q14 d) in last years MX2 paper involved the cosine rule, which I hadn't touched since year 11.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)