Content Allowed in Multimedia Major Works? (1 Viewer)

NegatiVelocity

HSC
I've had a plan in my head for quite a while, but I am unsure whether the BOS will reject it based on its content.
My plan was for a short film, where the main aspect is a gunfight. Two parties enter, one of whom is carrying money the other carrying a breifcase with a computer in it. A disagreement breaks out, and gunfire ensues.

Would this concept be deemed inappropriate? Would it be rejected? I haven't done anything more other than the basic concept.

Mosski

HSC
Hey, I do Multimedia too and I've been researching past films students have made and I saw one that had a gunfight. In the comments the guy that made it said it depends and didn't really explain in what situation you could use it but your best bet is to talk to your teacher about it or see if you can get in contact with any other past multimedia students.

NegatiVelocity

HSC
The problem is, my teacher has vastly different opinions on what she thinks is appropriate, and what the Board thinks. Could you link me to the one you were looking at?

Flop21

HSC
I've had a plan in my head for quite a while, but I am unsure whether the BOS will reject it based on its content.
My plan was for a short film, where the main aspect is a gunfight. Two parties enter, one of whom is carrying money the other carrying a breifcase with a computer in it. A disagreement breaks out, and gunfire ensues.

Would this concept be deemed inappropriate? Would it be rejected? I haven't done anything more other than the basic concept.
You're not allowed violence. Think of another idea. Are you actually going to risk 60% of your HSC mark???

Also do something more than a short film. That's boring.

EDIT: "not including images or videos with sexual themes or violence contained in Graphics and Multimedia major projects (Breach of subject rules)." that's from 2013 marking centre notes.

I'd imagine the guy who's video is linked in this thread would have lost marks because of that violence.

Last edited:

juanitade

HSC
N/A
I'm an IT multimedia teacher and violence is a no no. You'll be wasting your time.

Tackle the problem by thinking about the types of skills and effects you want to demonstrate in your video - and develop a storyline around these.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)