Containment Question please help (1 Viewer)

Tammie

Im going through the sylabus doing the dot points n stuff and i was just wondering if n e 1 counld help me with this.....to what situations was the policy of containment applied??? :S

I know Korea and Vietnam ..and Afghanistan anyone got any others that i can look at any suggestions would help heaps.... :)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC

um couple of things about containment

Policies of COntainment
k - you need to know that the Truman Doctrine arosed the idea of containment - it was applied to Greece adn Turkey - attempting to provide money to ensure that the communist revolution did not find roots (the idea was that if the nation was poor communism looked like an appealing prospect to share wealth etc)

-the Marshall plan - enforced military support for nations that were facing communism - extension of the truman doctrine - concentrated on Greece alone

- NSC 68 - National Secutiryt Memorandum 68; called for build up of US forces adn expenditure - america woudl take leading role in political adn economic systems

Events of Containment

-US intervention in China during 1949 while unsuccesfull was attempting to make sure that communism did not spread into china - they were giving money to the communist (manipluation of truman doctrine ideas)

containment itself was applied in the early Berlin Blockade (1946?) - where the city was split into 4 sections -

yeah Korea adn Vietnam

KarmaKitten

HSC
Actually it was also applied to Berlin

the whole blockade thing came as a result of the americans trying to create a new currency to build up the german economy thus preventing the soviets from controlling germany.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)