Constructing your journal (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
First of all just to clear up a seemingly grey area-your journal isn't marked. It may be looked at by markers if there are doubts as to whether certain parts of your work are yours, and for this reason it needs to be kept up to date with drafts, ideas and thoughts.

What is it?
Your journal is the personal documentation of the Ext 2 'journey'. It is for anything and everything. Write personal entries reguarly (these may be of varying length...sometimes a sentence may sum up your feelings at the time!)

What to include?
Here are some things you should include:
  • Personal written entries-these should be entered regularly and document your thoughts on the writing process, your triumphs and fustrations (there will be many), and your ideas on where your work is headed.
  • Drafts-do your drafts on bits of paper or type them, and stick copies or the originals in your journal. This is essential as the process of your work needs to be able to be seen clearly by the markers if they question the work's authenticity.
  • Pictures & other things- bulky journals look more impressive...and decorating your journal is probably the most fun part of ext 2! Stick anything and everything in....pictures, quotes, photos WHATEVER! Make your journal interesting!

Do not neglect your journal!

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
just for the record... a bulky journal DOES look more impressive but on the admission of MW's to the marking centre, journals are seperated from the work themselves and most markers will not even see the students' journal. if they have doubts over the legitimacy of the work, they apply to see the journal and then they can look. but yeah, it is not even WITH the major work as it is marked

so don't worry if it's slightly shitty :D

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Haha yeah if you think about it I really have no reason to be in this forum in the first place when I should be studying.....meh

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
Haha yeah if you think about it I really have no reason to be in this forum in the first place when I should be studying.....meh
Breaks are cool! :p

Thanks for the journal tips. I've had to change my ideas continuously and it's only week 4! So my journal is very bulky at the moment. I've nearly finished my first journal.........my friends call it an obsession :rolleyes:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I loved my journal, I changed my mind like 100 times throughout so it was pretty full. I loved to stick things in it too and write random crap...it was so much better than the work itself!!

narrator

HSC
N/A
how many other people thought about putting a completely irrelevant series of points in the journal, somethin along the lines of:

1. this journal won't even be read so im just gonna fill pages with mindless chitchat
2. this thing looks really good because it's bulky, but that's only because of me writing useless garbage like this
3. on the off chance that anyone actually does read this thing, i can't be penalised for not actually writing a proper journal - i plea postmodernism

HSC
how big are your journals??
if you make it too big you dont wanna carry it around, but if u get a lotta little ones dont u find its like a set of encyclopaedias??

oh the size dilemma... >_<

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
My journal was an A4 folder full of plastic sleeves. It was easier because towards the end, I could fiddle around with the order and dates of entries to manipulate them to make my journal look less neglected.

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
heh @ ppl with colossal 400 page journals

mine was 20 pages and the markers never saw it :cool:

the only problem is that a bad journal can result in a bad assessment rank

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
i know this is the type of situation where i am ment to encourage those who have come after me into the hell that is ext 2 to try their best and be all that they can be and they will be rewarded for that but....

started my journal at 2:30 the morning it wa due, filled it with obscure articles and what appeared to be drug induced, post-modern brilliant scribble but was actually just the coffee wearing off. and got 48 for my major work. fairly safe to assume...not that important, or difficult to fake!

i am not saying that you shouldnt have a journal if you are the type of person that that sort thing helps, but if you are a slacker like me, who doesnt have any progress to map as it was all last minute, dont stress

Aussiechick

HSC
my journal is something I have under control :) I have drawings of what my character's house looks like, maps of her neighbourhood, and the neighbourhood of her school, plus maps of the places she goes. I have character profiles and entries about what I've done, and the summary of my entire story. I've found that its really helpful to look back on too, it gives me ideas and reminds me of things I've forgotten

Cicciolina

HSC
I just went to Borders today and bought one of those black hardback sketchbooks - $9.95, A4 size, since I type out my journal anyway, I can just stick it in. And it'll FORCE me to be organised and not make something up last minute. Or at least that's the plan.

matty_boi17

HSC
N/A
HAHA!

Um, mine is an A4 size book.. and it's bright freaking yellow. It resembles a frigging CANARIE!

I've actually put all of my work in my journal and put entries and blah, blah blah and now, I DON'T want to give it away. We put so much work into them. I don't want someone else reading it. Lol...

emma+chelsea

I have only written one page on my journal!!! I am so stressed. I know exactly what i want to include in it though- I have about 15 pages in my head. I got a HUGE visual arts diary, so it will take me ages to fill it.

Its apparently good to include any imfo you find on the internet. Just print it out and wack it in! I am not very good at art, so i dont think mine will look that attractive!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I doesn't necessarily have to be bright colours and drawings and pictures. I've just given mine coloured borders, and every now and then I add little star stickers, just to make me feel better. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)