Constructing History (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
what historians are you guys memorising for this section?

windebygirl

HSC
herodotus (use in conjunction with homer), ranke and lanzmann
i feel like you can go a long way by analysing those 3 (and just making reference to a few others)
also carr but he's a given

zizi2003_

HSC
herodotus (use in conjunction with homer), ranke and lanzmann
i feel like you can go a long way by analysing those 3 (and just making reference to a few others)
also carr but he's a given
that's great!!
how are you studying for section I?

windebygirl

HSC
that's great!!
how are you studying for section I?
mostly going through past paper questions and analysing the stimulus quotes, planning how i would answer those questions and discussing essay plans with other people who do ext. section 1 is pretty straightforward for me, but i am completely lost for sec2 lol idk anything about jfk

ciarnerose

HSC
I'm now extremely concerned with my lack of preparation.

zizi2003_

HSC
are we meant to memorise quotes? who from?
not necessarily quotes, but just knowing your historians and their work in depth. I have memorised a few quotes by historians like Ranke and Gibbon that outlines their purpose for constructing history
as for section II, just memorise a few important quotes by your historians on the stuff they say regarding the different debates

specificagent1

HSC
not necessarily quotes, but just knowing your historians and their work in depth. I have memorised a few quotes by historians like Ranke and Gibbon that outlines their purpose for constructing history
as for section II, just memorise a few important quotes by your historians on the stuff they say regarding the different debates
We didnt actually study any of the text of the historians so where do the quotes come from?

for our case study we did read the historian's work

zizi2003_

HSC
We didnt actually study any of the text of the historians so where do the quotes come from?
yeah i didnt read any of the texts either. my teacher uploaded a quote bank of some of the quotes said by historians (for section I) that we can use to construct arguments for their purposes, methodologies and contexts

specificagent1

HSC
yeah i didnt read any of the texts either. my teacher uploaded a quote bank of some of the quotes said by historians (for section I) that we can use to construct arguments for their purposes, methodologies and contexts
Lucky you 😔

windebygirl

HSC

for our case study we did read the historian's work
obv we're not expected to have read all of the historians works in their entirety, but i felt really uncomfortable having to study and criticize historians without reading what they wrote, so I've started to compile all the texts we 'studied'. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wJNDK9VBTERBY4iicmahRinGV_wyhmST?usp=sharing feel free to read any of the books i've got (for q1, the folder is 'historiography', and for q2 there's jfk and rome, coz my school does both)

zizi2003_

HSC
obv we're not expected to have read all of the historians works in their entirety, but i felt really uncomfortable having to study and criticize historians without reading what they wrote, so I've started to compile all the texts we 'studied'. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wJNDK9VBTERBY4iicmahRinGV_wyhmST?usp=sharing feel free to read any of the books i've got (for q1, the folder is 'historiography', and for q2 there's jfk and rome, coz my school does both)
thanks for sharing!! :)
Carr's books are almost a must-read for every hist ext student lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)