Constant weight fluctuation...help? (1 Viewer)

Danoz The Great

HSC
My weight is constantly fluctuating between 60-70kg. One week I'll be down to 60-61 kg, then it'll be up as high as 67 kg. I don't change my eating patterns, they're kept quite regular all the time.

It doesn't bother me that much- I don't get hung up on things like that. But lately I've felt run down and constantly tired. I'm thinking that my changing weight could have something to do wit this. I'm thinking that something is up with my hormones, but of course, I really don't know.

Does anybody know why this would happen? And has it happened to any of you before?

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
yeah it happens to alot of people, some peoples body types are prone to bloating n that!
it can depend on the food you eat, im going thru the fat phase this week! its totally premenstral! hehehehe i hate it :( i eat like a pig.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
If you're weight is fluctuating that much in a week, its likely to be fluid retention rather than fat (you'd have to be eating A LOT to put that much fat on in a week, and eating NOTHING to lose it again in the same time).

The best way to control it is to watch your salt intake. Salt makes you retain water like nothing else.

Also, don't weigh yourself as often, judge your size by how your clothes are feeling on you.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
mabbe u have a medical problem?

have u had a health check with ure GP lately?
cos i sounds kinda odd... especially a 8kg range..

Always

HSC
7 kgs is a lot of water weight though.

When you are feeling tired, do you experience constipation at all? That can contribute to temporary weight gain..

You must notice where you're putting on the weight?

Skeeta

HSC
7kgs of poop is quite alot too!

Its probably something simple like that though, but i'd just check it out and see a quack

Danoz The Great

HSC
Thanks for your help people.

I do drink a lot of water, but I don't think I retain a lot of it! I don't feel constipated when I'm tired though.

I haven't been to my GP in about 12-18 months, but I'm going to now.

I eat fairly healthily and I don't change this alot. My salt intake, I don't think it too high- but then again so much shit gets added to the foods we eat nowadays. But I will check this out.

I can notice the weight gain/loss because my clothes are loose/tight - that's what make me weigh myself because this hasn't really happened before. This has been happnening for about 2-3 months now. The weight gain mainly occurs on my thighs/bum, and a little bit on my stomach.

HSC
N/A
Well, let us know what the doc says. 10kg fluctuation - within a week!!! - is a heck of a lot. I know water retention can come and go, but that rarely goes over 2-3kg I think. I've had it once - the biggest thing I remember other than clothes being tight was that my knees hurt because of the extra weight. But after that, I had my period and it all went away and never came back.

Actually, here's a question. Are you on a contraceptive pill of any kind? That's one thing that could screw up your hormones...

Danoz The Great

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Actually, here's a question. Are you on a contraceptive pill of any kind? That's one thing that could screw up your hormones...
Nope. I'll bump this thread to let you know what the doc says - my appointment isn't for another 2-3 weeks :\

Skeeta

HSC
why so long may i ask?

you should be able to get in within a few days...?

Always

HSC
It's strange that you put on/lose weight so easily in the thighs/bum area.

I'd be interested to know what your doc says as well. :)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Very interested what the dr says....

Are you taking an supplements, vitamins or regular medication of any kind?

Can you remember anything that you changed eating, drinking, doing, etc 2-3 months ago when this started?

Pierotte

HSC
Hmm lets play doctor.

Ha nah ill just say dont stress, my weights always changing.

It did freak me out and i thought i was going nuts, so a couple months ago i got my brother and made him record my weight at the beginning of the day then again at 7pm. Id somehow put on 5kg.

Then a couple weeks later i was watching Oprah (shush) and Jim Carey was on, for some reason he weighed him self at the beginning of the show and again at the end of the show and he had lost 3kg in an hour.

So its not that random.

Thats my contribution.

Leggy McLegs

HSC
bscienceboi said:
Maybe a problem with your scales?
lol that's what I was thinking, because there's a MAJOR difference between 60 and 70 kgs (even depending on height it would be a couple of dress sizes).

Lundy

Banned
HSC
The meds I'm on are making me gain weight. They're also making me more fatigued than usual.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Well that sucks....

As far as the scales thing goes - I suggest testing your current scales by weighing yourself both on them and on another set, is there a correlation do they both fluctuate?

Or having someone else weigh themselves on your scales - is their weight also fluctuating?

pmr_123

HSC
it's really not that crazy, my weight does it, i'm pretty sure it started when i went on the pill, but can't be certain...

i used to fluctuate between 60-70 kgs and now 60-65... but don't let it worry you... many things could contribute

where you are in your menstrual cycle e.g. the week before your period when most people get bloat.

what time of the day you're weighing yourself... you are lighter in the morning because you haven't eaten or drank since the night before, and of course heavier at night as you have eaten and had plenty to drink during the day...

the amount of exercise you are doing...

etc... don't worry about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)