Console wars!! (1 Viewer)

Huss

HSC
N/A
did u all know that there is 350 games on the gamecube with a great line up for next year!!! its amazing how many of the big stores dont advertise gamecube

seriously, people that say that the gamecube is aimed at the younger generation have no clue...its more like making games so children (yes they do exist) can have something simple to play. and although it might not appeal to most of the ps2/xbox fanboys, cube games are great. zelda on GCN although with cel shaded graohics was a great game with a great storyline with great gameplay.

although i would like to see more mature/online games come to gamecube, but the games already on gamecube are great and if ur a fan of zelda and mario then gamecube is the best console out there

-X-

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huss

seriously, people that say that the gamecube is aimed at the younger generation have no clue...its more like making games so children (yes they do exist) can have something simple to play.
Therefore they are aimed more at the younger generation. Im not saying the games are bad though (I love them). :)

I agree with freaking_out, most PS2 and XBOX games are the type that i would rather play on my PC.

deviant

but most of those games will eventually come out on computer
like halo, which started out to be a Xbox only game

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
/me can't wait for the Naruto game to come out on PS2. Too bad I won't be able to play it, thanks to region-encoding. :mad1:

/me swears.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hurrotisrobbo
Too bad I won't be able to play it, thanks to region-encoding. :mad1:
/me hugs his PS2.

:uhoh:

Huss

HSC
N/A
i just picked up F zero GX on gamecube for $55 in brand new condition!! :D:D

gamecube rocks...seriously!!

i would also like to add that the gamecube is 120 dollars at kmart!! unbeliveable price, couldnt believe it when i saw it. i also encourage u all and recommened u all to buy one since its cheap and its games are also cheap in respects to ps2 and xbox games.

u wont be dissapointed...unless ur a ps2/xbox fanboy

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah, Nintendo prices are the best for families, especially ones with parents who think !need = !buy (! = don't) like mine.

The XBox games are directed at people in their 20s, which I think is a total waste. I mean, gaming really began when these people were only 5~15 (yeah back in the 80s) and the reason they were succesful was because the games were targeted at that age group. Now you've got this system with so much POTENTIAL (c'mon, PS2 graphics? Please) yet there are ZERO good games for the younguns. I pay depth and replay value over graphics any day, and the Xbox just doesn't have it. Sure, Halo is great for parties and stuff (love that tank) but there's nothing on the console I'm willing to pay $100 to play. I should have bought Morrowind on PC too, stupid unexpandable Xbox.

Huss

HSC
N/A
xbox actually does have some good games on the way (fable etc.) but i dont think Xbox can compare to nintendo or sony when it comes to producing games.

Ps2 has many greatgames and at low prices (devil may cry, MK DA FFX) as well as Gamecube.

also has anyone noticed the prices of the gamecube lately $120 at kmart!!! 140 at target with a game and 170 at EB with an extra mem card, controller and something else. thats cheap prices. i seriously encourage all to buy one :D

Kos

Nintendo make great games. I think the quality has slipped a bit from the N64 days, but they are still great. I ended up getting an Xbox over a GCN though because at the time they were similarly priced but the Xbox was better value because of the DVD player and the harddrive. Im going to pick a GCN up though because it has so many good exclusive games on it.

Huss

HSC
N/A
hey thats great!!:)
u wont be dissapointed im sure as long as u dont buy the wrong games. (although there is hardly any bad games on gamecube :rolleyes: ) i seriously recomend legend of zelda: the wind waker, viewtiful joe, soul calibur 2, super mario sunshine, f zero gx, mario kart double dash just to name a few. there are more great games out there with better on the way.

Kos

Originally posted by Huss
hey thats great!!:)
u wont be dissapointed im sure as long as u dont buy the wrong games. (although there is hardly any bad games on gamecube :rolleyes: ) i seriously recomend legend of zelda: the wind waker, viewtiful joe, soul calibur 2, super mario sunshine, f zero gx, mario kart double dash just to name a few. there are more great games out there with better on the way.
Id only be buying a CG for the first party games. Nearly all the third party games on the GC are multi-platform so I can pick them up for Xbox.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Kos
I ended up getting an Xbox over a GCN though because at the time they were similarly priced but the Xbox was better value because of the DVD player and the harddrive.
Kos, that's PRECISELY the reason I got the Crate, because of the extra functionality it offered. I was quite disappointed in Nintendo for not allowing the cube to play DVDs and other media, until I saw this last week:

Yeah, it's like a dream, only not quite. I don't see a single Nintendo badge on the thing. Anyway, I'm glad I have both now, as I can muck around with the box and do stuff. On another note, the PS2 doesn't by default have a hard drive, what it has is a slot in which you can put a hard drive. I actually discovered this myself last week, as well as the God-beloved optical output. I can record MDs from the PS2!!! :D

Last edited:

Kos

Originally posted by Kos
Id only be buying a CG for the first party games. Nearly all the third party games on the GC are multi-platform so I can pick them up for Xbox.
Nintendo announced that a GC with DVD capabilities was on its way before teh GC was released. Im not disappointed with the Xbox, the games might not have the Nintendo magic, but they are still damn good. Ive got so many hours out of Morrowind and Halo. But I suspect if the GC games are anything like the N64 ones, my Xbox will barely be plugged in.

Huss

HSC
N/A
hey lexico u got a cube??

yeah that picture is the Panasonic Q(i think). it plays gamecube games and has a dvd player. its much bigger in size than the game cube. the sad thing is that panasonic has stoped production if this and i dont think it will be released in australia :(

man someone should burn nintendo of australias managment coz they continually torture us by making wrong decisions!!

Originally posted by Kos
Im not disappointed with the Xbox, the games might not have the Nintendo magic, but they are still damn good. Ive got so many hours out of Morrowind and Halo. But I suspect if the GC games are anything like the N64 ones, my Xbox will barely be plugged in.
i tell u now the games are much better than n64 esp zelda.the new cell shaded graphics does give it a cartoony look but it also enhances the graphics and makes it look much better. if u liked super mario64 u shall love super mario sunshine...another great game.

i also must point out here that nintendo games are the best. no xbox game...not even halo can measure up to it. and besides even if it wasnt selling well b4, now its comin first in america with the most sales after the price drop. i would also like to mention that nintendo is sitting on a $6 billlion reserve (AD i think) and will have a few cracks at the market if they wont b as succesful with future consoles

Last edited:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
(scored a job selling consoles in yr 11)
PS2 is the best seller for new users ... no doubt + all the weird arse games u can poke a stick at!

I got the Xbox.. and voided warranty to get it modded.. plays divx backup of DVDs now.. but its chhunky!

hehe if u care to violate DCMA get an emulator fer ure xbox .. its strangely fun to play PSX, N64 , old NES, megadrive or atari games... on a $300 machine

Its the flexibility of the xbox which appealled to me.. + Halo for $40

Project Gotham racing 2 racing down george street with amazing graphics + custom sndtrck is veri worthwhile

but a $120 cube is a pretti nice buy.. mabbe less 2nd hand? try
trading post? http://www.tradingpost.com.au
the cube does have friggin good games to play.. esp for replayability <== thats not a real word huh?

Huss

HSC
N/A
new comers to the games always seem to go for the most popular console rather than the best. its like choosing a cell phone, u know nokia is supposedly the best but u dont know y. samsung also make great phones with good quality but doesnt get the attenion it deserves coz people continually go for nokia (not that its a bad thing)

indeed gamecube is the best console out on the market with the best games.unfortunately due to some decisions that nintendo make rnt all that great, the system wasnt selling well. nintendo are trying to steer away from online gaming and mature/ gory games but its not that their games are fun to play. and unfortunately people dont see that there is more to gaming than online/mature games

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
so in conclusion..
Nintendo makes the best games ... veri tru.. mario on NES still stumps me on level 8 -1 .. need help!

Playstations are popular so seem like the best

XBoxes are computers in disguises.. i want my xbox to play ps2 and GCN games.. i wonder whens that goin happen? now that would be kewl!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by +Po1ntDeXt3r+
so in conclusion..
Nintendo makes the best games ... veri tru.. mario on NES still stumps me on level 8 -1 .. need help!

Playstations are popular so seem like the best

XBoxes are computers in disguises.. i want my xbox to play ps2 and GCN games.. i wonder whens that goin happen? now that would be kewl!
For a PS2 games you would just have to mod it there probably already is a mod for it, GCN are mini discs arent they? which would make it harder

Huss

HSC
N/A
man i love the gamecube discs, the look cool muich better than the xbox/ps2 superhuge dvd discs.

ohh and the little or no loading time is also great unlike ps2/xbox.

i must say gamecube is the only proper gaming console.
mini discs rule!!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Xayma
For a PS2 games you would just have to mod it there probably already is a mod for it
There is,
Originally posted by Xayma
GCN are mini discs arent they? which would make it harder
Yes, they are.

This doesn't mean that you cannot "obtain" GCN games, on the contrary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)