Consideration? (1 Viewer)

27GV

HSC
What are the specifics of academic consideration for school base exams for the HSC?

I inquire because my hand was injured by a falling mirror (glass in hand, X-rays ect.) and this inhibited my ability to write. I could write but it was definately slower than normal as the wounds reopened and bled; not particularly helpful during an examination. I do have a doctors' certificate, however I was wondering how they would "consider" any negative affects. Do they take the marks from my other assessments if the mark is an anomaly? :confused:

They were talking about a scribe but it never eventuated.

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
What are the specifics of academic consideration for school base exams for the HSC?

I inquire because my hand was injured by a falling mirror (glass in hand, X-rays ect.) and this inhibited my ability to write. I could write but it was definately slower than normal as the wounds reopened and bled; not particularly helpful during an examination. I do have a doctors' certificate, however I was wondering how they would "consider" any negative affects. Do they take the marks from my other assessments if the mark is an anomaly? :confused:

They were talking about a scribe but it never eventuated.
I thought that you could get 30 minutes extra depending on how bad it is.. or a scribe?

not too sure, sorry :mad1:

27GV

HSC
Point is I only made it through part of the modern history exam and that was definately due to the injury. :mad1:

It bloody hurts writing with it and I've had 3 straight days of essay that have reopened the wounds.:burn:

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Because of your injury, you should be able to get your marks reconsidered or your previous assessment marks taken as your exam mark, you have a doctor's certificate so it should be fine. Just make sure if you believe that your hand will still be in that state for the trials or (god forbid) the HSC exams, you get a scribe to assist you.

27GV

HSC
It is really annoying because I did study fairly hard for these exams :mad1:

looks like I'll have to study harder for the trials :bomb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)