Conquering Chemistry (1 Viewer)

Victorist

Originally posted by jm1234567890
Excel is the MOST useless book i have ever seen.
It misses soooooo many points

McMillian book is also quite good

Our school uses CC
the excell is good for last minute revision though, especially if u havent made yourself a summary. its like all summarised...:p

Sammmmmuel

I hardly use text books; our school uses cc, but i just get the info (to answer syllabus dot points) off the internet from other sites which explain it better... It seems to be working coz i am coming first in out year; and i dont use the stupid textbook coz it sucks

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Victorist
the excell is good for last minute revision though, especially if u havent made yourself a summary. its like all summarised...:p
it is way too summarised

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i think chem contexts is sooooo good, all the nice summaries at the end, can't go wrong :)

Nezz

HSC
excel is pretty bad.
we mainly use conq chem but we also have mcmillan- it doesnt seem to clearly cover the dot points as well as conq chem does.

pri

HSC
N/A
nah excel is good the day before an exam coz it breeezes over the main stuff and has good calculation questions

die_imortales

i've only started using that past HSC book and was actually pretty suprised by how good it is at teaching u stuff... u'll find that u've mostly been underestimating urself and ur not as bad in some topics as u thought u were and that u've got problems in places u thought were sweet... more than that.. with evry1 that i do i seem to be gettin heaps better so it must be workin...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
I flick through it when I can't find anything in CC, or if I want to find out more, fill in the blanks, understand it better, etc.

But no, I hardly ever touch my Excel Chem.
same with me, i really don't like that book

edit: i'm glad so many people feel the same, it thought i was the only 1 who hated it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)