Connections with the larger world (1 Viewer)

mac1996

HSC
The syllabus states that a sense of belonging can emerge from the connections made with a larger world. How would you describe this sense of belonging and what scenario could you come up with?

DamTameNaken

HSC
Belonging with the wider world, for example if I were religious I could find a sense of community across the world with people that were of the same religion. Or maybe I enjoy playing/watching lots of starcraft and I can achieve a sense of belonging knowing that there are lots of people all around the world that enjoy the same things as me.

mac1996

HSC
Belonging with the wider world, for example if I were religious I could find a sense of community across the world with people that were of the same religion. Or maybe I enjoy playing/watching lots of starcraft and I can achieve a sense of belonging knowing that there are lots of people all around the world that enjoy the same things as me.
hmm yeah.... so belonging in a virtual world?

DamTameNaken

HSC
hmm yeah.... so belonging in a virtual world?
Definitely not, ignore the starcraft example. Just think of ways that people can belong in ways that are common around the world. I might feel comfort and belonging knowing that their are people around the world with similar ideals and past times. I might belong to a worldwide community of environmentalists, or people that enjoy Frank Sinatra's music, or even be part of the deaf community. As long as its a community that is worldwide, that can contribute to your sense of belonging in the wider world.

mac1996

HSC
Definitely not, ignore the starcraft example. Just think of ways that people can belong in ways that are common around the world. I might feel comfort and belonging knowing that their are people around the world with similar ideals and past times. I might belong to a worldwide community of environmentalists, or people that enjoy Frank Sinatra's music, or even be part of the deaf community. As long as its a community that is worldwide, that can contribute to your sense of belonging in the wider world.
nice thanks a lot:) has your school started belonging yet? We started of with module B.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)