Confused (1 Viewer)

stanzy

HSC
My first post on this site and I have to confess my primary purpose is to winge... Is it just me or does any one else struggle with the idea that their teacher is not teaching them what they are supposed to? Let me explain...
I am trying to write a crime fiction essay and my understanding of the syllabus and course requirements is that the focus should be on the values, conventions and contextual references of the texts. Yet my teacher (it is the first time she has tought extension 1) wants me to write what I consider an advanced essay where the focus is on techniques e.g. film shots. I have read essays from this site and the BOS site and their focus seems to be on a more sophisticated analysis of underlying values. Is there a way to incorporate both or is my teacher ignorant of the course requirements? Help!!!

pinkminx00184

HSC
The main emphasis is on the conventions of the genre, and you have to incorporate values and context into it, and you normally back it up with techniques. Well, that's what we've been taught anyway. You can always get a copy of the syllabus to see what the outcomes are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)