Confused with application (1 Viewer)

Mystienu

HSC
Hey guys!

I'm a little confused with the application process of lodging for med. I'm keen to pursue med and is applying all around the country. I'm unsure about how to apply for University of Tasmania. Is it through VTAC? or through a separate portal?

And also.... I'm wondering which uni is better for medicine. University of Monash or University of Melbourne. Apart from their one year study difference, I was wondering if i can have some insights. Thank you!!!!

tkdwhiz1188

HSC
I'm also confused wif applications for Tassie...so I emailed them. But I'm international...so I think the reply i get doesn't apply to u.

And also.... I'm wondering which uni is better for medicine. University of Monash or University of Melbourne. Apart from their one year study difference, I was wondering if i can have some insights. Thank you!!!!
Hmm...are u a newbie here? U shouldn't ask things like 'which uni is better' coz u'll get 'fired' by the big guys here. And anyway...'better' is open to definition. 'Better' as in more prestigeous? or as in more hands on work? Wat may be better for u may not b better for others!

Cheers!

inasero

Reborn
HSC
hmm i have my own opinion as to which course is better but it would be very unprofessional of me to post it here, so I'll give you the raw facts and you can ome to your own conclusion

Melbourne:
-Close to city!
-More 'prestigious' than Monash
-Clinical and biomedical sciences superior
-Less emphasis on communications
-More didactic style of teaching
-Assessments are conducted regularly and each count for a bit
-Six year course

Monash:
-Middle of nowhere. Uni is aesthetically unpleasing.
-Anatomy is taught well, but the faculty doesn't put enough emphasis on it so we enter clincal year lacking basic knowledge
-Assessments only during mid semester and end of semester, could be good or bad depending on the way you look at it
-Overcrowding: not enough facilities to deal with student numbers
-Far superior communication skills
-Integrated style of learning: practicals, clinical site visits, etc.
-BMedSci is optional so you can graduate a year earlier, saving on exorbitant HECS fees

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Mystienu said:
Hey guys!

I'm a little confused with the application process of lodging for med. I'm keen to pursue med and is applying all around the country. I'm unsure about how to apply for University of Tasmania. Is it through VTAC? or through a separate portal?

Took me 22 seconds.

2006 Online Application for Admission
available from 15 August 2005.

Please check back soon!

http://student.admin.utas.edu.au/apply/applyonline/index.html

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
melb is 5 medicine + 1 Medsci.. aka AMS (advance medical science)

most PBL courses are 5 yrs of content...e.g. Adel is 5 medicine + 1 student intern..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)