Confused for essays legal (1 Viewer)

angelkxo

HSC
Okay so we have option essays and the crime essay and im confused on how to prepare for it. Do i just memorise a variety of cases and examples for crime and use whatever topic i get in the exam?? and also for the option essays do i have to prepare for both legal and non legal measure AND reforms or are you just preparing for one and certainly choosing that q in the exam???

mannxv

HSC
Okay so we have option essays and the crime essay and im confused on how to prepare for it. Do i just memorise a variety of cases and examples for crime and use whatever topic i get in the exam?? and also for the option essays do i have to prepare for both legal and non legal measure AND reforms or are you just preparing for one and certainly choosing that q in the exam???
hi ! i recommend going through the syllabus for crime and options. for crime parts 2-6 can be examined for the question. and for the options its from part 2-the contemp issues. i've memorised essay plans which include a variety of lcmids. the 'learn to' section can guide you. for example if it states "evaluate legal measures in protecting domestic violence victims" i would make an essay plan on advos. and this can be applied to the themes n challenges (for example, compliance and non-compliance). key words here are 'evaluate' 'the effectiveness of...' as these the questions most likely to be examined.

there is only a day until the legal exam. i would recommend doing practice essays and remembering integral issues / reforms for your electives and for crime. there is like 24 hours. but you can do this ! don't forget about human rights.

angelkxo

HSC
hi ! i recommend going through the syllabus for crime and options. for crime parts 2-6 can be examined for the question. and for the options its from part 2-the contemp issues. i've memorised essay plans which include a variety of lcmids. the 'learn to' section can guide you. for example if it states "evaluate legal measures in protecting domestic violence victims" i would make an essay plan on advos. and this can be applied to the themes n challenges (for example, compliance and non-compliance). key words here are 'evaluate' 'the effectiveness of...' as these the questions most likely to be examined.

there is only a day until the legal exam. i would recommend doing practice essays and remembering integral issues / reforms for your electives and for crime. there is like 24 hours. but you can do this ! don't forget about human rights.
hey thank you so much for getting back to me i've been stressing a lot. so i just have one more question if that's okay, am i meant to be choosing ONE specific issue for the contemporary or do i have to study ALL 4 issues (because thats so much and i dont think i can do that in one day lol) cos you know how they ask 2 questions right, if i just study one issue and they ask for ANOTHER specific issue maybe i could do the other question which just asks "1 contemp issue"??? idk tho cos thats really risky because they might ask for 1 specific issue in BOTH questions?? IM SO SORRY FOR BEING CONFUSED and it's literally half a day before the exam lol.

hellohowslife

HSC
hey thank you so much for getting back to me i've been stressing a lot. so i just have one more question if that's okay, am i meant to be choosing ONE specific issue for the contemporary or do i have to study ALL 4 issues (because thats so much and i dont think i can do that in one day lol) cos you know how they ask 2 questions right, if i just study one issue and they ask for ANOTHER specific issue maybe i could do the other question which just asks "1 contemp issue"??? idk tho cos thats really risky because they might ask for 1 specific issue in BOTH questions?? IM SO SORRY FOR BEING CONFUSED and it's literally half a day before the exam lol.
I am 99% sure that they cannot ask for a specific contemporary issue in both questions BUT it would be good to know all 4 contemporary issues because you can use them in general essays anyway

angelkxo

HSC
I am 99% sure that they cannot ask for a specific contemporary issue in both questions BUT it would be good to know all 4 contemporary issues because you can use them in general essays anyway
damn okay i think maybe ill hardcore teach myself one specific issue and the other ones briefly??? literally gambling here but it is what it is only got a few hours HAHAAHH

mannxv

HSC
if they ask you to include a contemporary issue they will just say "ONE CONTEMP ISSUE" it can be any of the 4 but make sure it links to the q. i'm not doing all subheadings for the syllabus, only the contentious ones. for example, same sex law and how you need to have mandated affirmation surgery etc. but issues ! that's what a state ranker told me, you're not gonna get marks if u describe divorce process. you need to implicate the issues which arise (so read a lot of media articles). given the time, just simplify what your notes.

angelkxo

HSC
if they ask you to include a contemporary issue they will just say "ONE CONTEMP ISSUE" it can be any of the 4 but make sure it links to the q. i'm not doing all subheadings for the syllabus, only the contentious ones. for example, same sex law and how you need to have mandated affirmation surgery etc. but issues ! that's what a state ranker told me, you're not gonna get marks if u describe divorce process. you need to implicate the issues which arise (so read a lot of media articles). given the time, just simplify what your notes.
ah okay yeah sounds good ive got a lot of lcmid so ill just use that and hope for the best that they ask "one contemporary issue" cant really do much now considering the time sooooo HAHAH

angelkxo

HSC
i am severly sleep deprived 💔
same bro the other day i slept for 2 hours before my ancient exam but luckily god heard my message and made those questions good, LETS JUST hope its the same for legal now LMAO

mannxv

HSC
same bro the other day i slept for 2 hours before my ancient exam but luckily god heard my message and made those questions good, LETS JUST hope its the same for legal now LMAO
i heard ur ancient exam was a godsend. hopefully they r lenient with crime tomorrow !

angelkxo

HSC
remember you have a choice between questions. It's normally 1 on contemporary issue and 1 on the syllabus
okay sounds good cos i aint learning nothing from the rest of the syllabus so ill stick to contemporary hAHHAHAH

angelkxo

HSC
i heard ur ancient exam was a godsend. hopefully they r lenient with crime tomorrow !
IT WAS i full cried in the morning and night before for no reason and it ended up going well....crime im hoping they dont ask some dumb specific shit like "post sentencing consideration"

angelkxo

HSC
but they can specify a particular contemporary issue so unless you're planning to know all 4 well i think knowing the syllabus is better
omg lol. okay now im just stuck there's nothing i can do except study my ass off for 2 topics that i didnt even learn from our shit teacher

mannxv

HSC
IT WAS i full cried in the morning and night before for no reason and it ended up going well....crime im hoping they dont ask some dumb specific shit like "post sentencing consideration"
they did that last yr and overlapped it w a theme and challenge. this year i'm praying for crim investigation or like young offenders. honestly just give us "evaluate the effectiveness of the criminal justice system" bc i'm tireddddddd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)