but you cant quote bradley, right???

also with rome 264-133 who are your best sources

Polybius>?
Livy?
Plutarch?
Appian?
Any else?

Wiggum

It's best if you didn't quote from Bradley in any form. Sorry i can't answer your question though, been trying to think of some but it isn't comming to my head.

krissy7685

well bradley includes quotes from all of the above..
then who will i quote from..
ARGH STRESS..

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
whats the deal with not quoting Bradley? i keep hearing it, but no one knows why...

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
you dont wuote bradley... every one knows that... u use the ppl she quotes in her books.... for example... she might say plutarch believes blablabalbla... u dotn say .. bradley beleives that plutarch says blaalbla... u just use what she puts in her book as sources or wateva... so u say plutarch bleieves balbala... the bradley is not a owrk with a voice.. its basically a text book which puts shows us the info and what historians and so forth say... if u read it ... bradley doesnt actually have a theory of her own wen it comes to egypt or greece...

krissy7685

i was sorta getting at that mick-et except i didnt know how to say it properly..

krissy7685

i feel stupid for not explaining properly.. but im a bit of a blond otherwise obviouslyhey add me to msn if u have it ill pm u my email

Wiggum

Don't use bradley whatsoever, even if it's her own opinion. It's better off finding another modern historian and using them. Mick_et basically summed up why.

deweydude

You CAN use Bradley as a source!!! Bradley is one of the best secondary sources to use people!!!! My Ancient History teacher (Miss Tetley, the best teacher ever) says that you can use something as a source so long as it has been published. Seeing as how Ms Bradley has had her several books published you can use them as sources. Also, just as an asside, when I say use as a source I mean like this:

The creation of the cult of Aten by Akhenaten left nothing for the traditional forms of worship. (Bradley, Ancient Egypt - Reconstructing The Past )

Where you do not necessarily have to quote directly from the text, but instead you can paraphrase. This IS alright and I DO NOT care what you say in the otherwise because I KNOW it is alright because I am having several types of tutoring!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I think I've ranted for long enough. BRADLEY IS QUOTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deweydude

If in a case like Spin Spin Sugar says then it is good to quote, but if it is like a quote in the back of the book thingy (awk exp) then it is best to quote who was quoted in the back of the book thiny (awk exp again). AND THIS DOES NOT NAYSAY WHAT I JUST POSTED!!!

Wiggum

*Sigh* I'll make it straight then:

BRADLEY IS NOT QUOTABLE BECAUSE SHE'S A TEXTBOOK WRITER, THE EXAMINERS EXPECT OTHER NON-TEXTBOOK SOURCES. MIC EXPLAINED THIS BEFORE.

There.

Last edited:

Infinite

Dont source Bradley or Lawless or whatever.

Your better off even mis sourcing it -

Tyldesley agures that the creation of the cult of Aten by Akhenaten left nothing for the traditional forms of worship.

Making up sources -

Professor HSC claims that the creation of the cult of Aten by Akhenaten left nothing for the traditional forms of worship.

Or claim it as your own conclusion -

I draw upon the conclusion that the creation of the cult of Aten by Akhenaten left nothing for the traditional forms of worship.

Infinite

Lawless isn't a textbook?

The reason why u shouldn't quote lawless or bradley is ebcuase they lack academic standing.

My teacher is a secondary source too.

Last edited:

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
umm lawless is a text book
i know its called antiquites 2 and i have it
i asked my teacher and she said that bradley is quotable but its preferable to quote someone else, she lacks standing like infinite said...why are we arguing this? seems wierd!!!

Wiggum

Originally posted by Infinite
The reason why u shouldn't quote lawless or bradley is ebcuase they lack academic standing.

My teacher is a secondary source too.
Yeah i guess that's true too, it's just personalised. Yeah teachers are secondary sources but aren't valid because they haven't been recognised as secondary sources, obviously.

Originally posted by shelley
umm lawless is a text book
i know its called antiquites 2 and i have it
i asked my teacher and she said that bradley is quotable but its preferable to quote someone else, she lacks standing like infinite said...why are we arguing this? seems wierd!!!
Ok my bad then. I forgot about antiquities, so yeah Lawless isn't quotable.

Read one of my above posts, i'm serious fed up of everyone skimming through saying "Bradley is quotable"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)