• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Confused about credit points (1 Viewer)

sarevok

HSC
Ok, so I want to do B Arts/B Commerce at Sydney Uni. I was wondering, what's the total number of credit points I need to do in order to complete each degree? And how many credit points for each degree will I be looking at doing each semester? Thanks.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
dont know about the specifics, but generally the load is 24cp per semester, so 48 per year. You can take more, but that is known as "overloading" and depending on the subjects you are doing, is not recommended. Generally 1cp= 1 hour of contact time, so you wouldnt be wanting to do too many extra.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
for me, 1 cp = about 1.3hrs of contact. For 24 cp, i will have 32 contact hours next sem.
Depends on the subject. Science subjects usually require more time at uni, arts subjects usually require more at home reading.

sarevok

HSC
Because I want to do a double degree, does this mean I'll be doing more than 24cp a semester?

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
sarevok said:
Ok, so I want to do B Arts/B Commerce at Sydney Uni. I was wondering, what's the total number of credit points I need to do in order to complete each degree? And how many credit points for each degree will I be looking at doing each semester? Thanks.
Like others have said 24 CP's / semester which is a full time load.

Check out the BA/BCom reqs @ http://www.arts.usyd.edu.au/faculty/degreepathways/babc3.html

You need 240 CP's, which is 10 semesters, or 5 years full time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)