confused about AHST102 tutorial exercises? (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

*rinney* said:
oh you got your marks back already!?
yew, well done :uhhuh:

what'd you get?
Yeh, I saw him on campus and he commented that I did well (82) despite screwing up one question. I''ll still be trying 3 more times, though, until I get an HD :p

X

xeuyrawp

*rinney* said:
hey,

what tutorial are u in? you're not in mine are you? tuesday 1pm?? :rolleyes:
Nope. I prefer to stay at uni the shortest time possible- I'm at 12, right after the lecture.. :) then I go home

*rinney*

HSC
hey just wondering if you could answer these q's for me, PwarYuex. :)

what the hell is e-reserve? :confused: bahaha as stupid as that sounds. i mean i've got into it and everything and i notice that it's where journals and articles relating to your course etc are posted. is the stuff in ereserve the info for assignments etc ? and does it mean that it saves you going to the library when you can find them online?

i wanna do the one on menander's dyksolos which is for not this tuesday but the next. i havent exactly started it yet cuz i have two other assignments due round the same time...so i was just wondering, cuz you've already done a tutorial exercise, how long roughly did it take you do?

hope that made sense to you! and thanks :D

X

xeuyrawp

*rinney* said:
what the hell is e-reserve?
e-reserve is on the Library website. http://www.lib.mq.edu.au/ You hit "e-reserve".

"is the stuff in ereserve the info for assignments etc ? and does it mean that it saves you going to the library when you can find them online? "

Sometimes for assignments. No, you will STILL have to go into the library, but you can use the ereserve stuff, too. If you find stuff on ereserve that's referenced as "required", you obviously can just download it and read it. Reference it like you would a book, though.

"i wanna do the one on menander's dyksolos which is for not this tuesday but the next. i havent exactly started it yet cuz i have two other assignments due round the same time...so i was just wondering, cuz you've already done a tutorial exercise, how long roughly did it take you do? "

Depends, how far are your other assignments through? Like will you spend more time on them? It took me around 2 days to do it. Ie, read Thucydides one night, did some answers. Read some stuff, library. Next night, crammed it til 2AM. But don't do that, be organised:p

X

xeuyrawp

*rinney* said:
thanks for your advice etc - everything seems somewhat clearer now :uhhuh: :)
That's cool. Any time you need help give us a yell.

*rinney*

HSC
I'm ba-ack! :p

Um, just a question about this 'Turnitin' Plagiarism system thing....

a) do we need to hand our AHST102 tutorial papers to the Turnitin system?
b) for the assessments that do need to be submitted to 'Turnitin' , when do you send it to Turnitin?? like on the day the assessment is due or well before hand or what :confused: and say i submit the assignment into turnitin on the morning it's due, will it check it and print me a receipt in time??
c) do we need an assignment cover sheet for the tutorial paper? if so where do you get em from? internet?

eek, thanks dude - you seem to provide the quickest answers haha :) i sound like some lost dweeb hey!

X

xeuyrawp

*rinney* said:
I'm ba-ack! :p

Um, just a question about this 'Turnitin' Plagiarism system thing....

a) do we need to hand our AHST102 tutorial papers to the Turnitin system?
b) for the assessments that do need to be submitted to 'Turnitin' , when do you send it to Turnitin?? like on the day the assessment is due or well before hand or what :confused: and say i submit the assignment into turnitin on the morning it's due, will it check it and print me a receipt in time??
c) do we need an assignment cover sheet for the tutorial paper? if so where do you get em from? internet?

eek, thanks dude - you seem to provide the quickest answers haha :) i sound like some lost dweeb hey!
a). No, just hand it in hard copy WITH yellow cover sheet.
b). don't know, don't think so, ask tutor.
c). Yes, you get them from ground floor of W6A Building, they're yellow:p

*rinney*

HSC
heyyy...

just want some reassurance.. :p

the tutorial exercise only consists of answering the questions put in the ahst102 study guide right?? including of course primary and secondary sources and analysis etc..

ok i won't harass you anymore, i promise :rolleyes:

X

xeuyrawp

*rinney* said:
heyyy...

just want some reassurance.. :p

the tutorial exercise only consists of answering the questions put in the ahst102 study guide right?? including of course primary and secondary sources and analysis etc..
:
yes, but some of the required reading Eg Perikles' funeral speech is in the Yellow Source Book.

*rinney*

HSC
hey, i've found that it's really hard to elaborate and thoroughly compare sources in my tutorial exercise because of the word limit. were your answers short too? i'm finding it difficult to cut it down cuz it's all valid info :(

X

xeuyrawp

*rinney* said:
hey, i've found that it's really hard to elaborate and thoroughly compare sources in my tutorial exercise because of the word limit. were your answers short too? i'm finding it difficult to cut it down cuz it's all valid info :(
yeh, I agree. I had to do a lot of editing...

*rinney*

HSC
hey, um :rolleyes: did you put heaps of quotes and evidence in your tutorial exercise? and are we expected to analyse the evidence ie say whether it's reliable, biased etc or do you reckon the word limit doesn't leave you with much space to do that. what'd you do?

sorry to bug you :) just a lil frustrated!!

X

xeuyrawp

*rinney* said:
hey, um :rolleyes: did you put heaps of quotes and evidence in your tutorial exercise?
Yes

*rinney* said:
and are we expected to analyse the evidence ie say whether it's reliable, biased etc or do you reckon the word limit doesn't leave you with much space to do that. what'd you do?
Depends. Generally, the questions go in order of importance (spend more time on later questions), so for the last ones, I would. Again, it depends on the questions. Add me to msn, damnamnit:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)