Conflicting perspectives related texts (1 Viewer)

belvilpiet

HSC
So i know there are a few threads similar to this one so I'm going to be more specific. Ive been given an assignment asking me to 'choose two related texts that should focus on the comparison and/or contrast on the chosen text in terms of HOW they seek to shape meaning and influence perspective on a particular issue treated in your set text (TED HUGHES BIRTHDAY LETTERS). I have no idea what related texts i should choose??? can anyone help????? please? :)

belvilpiet

HSC
thankyou for your help :) i have seen this page before but was unsure of which text to use as i haven't read or watched most of them.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Handmaid's Tale is good for conflicting perspectives
Fahrenheit 451 is decent for conflicting perspectives

Lord of The Flies, is excellent for conflicting perspectives however is very long :p

12 Angry Men :O is a good film if you are interested in going down that type of root

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Nineteen Eighty-Four, One flew over the cuckoo’s nest, Brave new world, Catch 22, The scarlet letter, To kill a mockingbird, Hard times , Clockwork orange,Pride and prejudice,Sense and sensibility

I can also talk to you about these texts if you are curious?

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Nineteen Eighty-Four, One flew over the cuckoo’s nest, Brave new world, Catch 22, The scarlet letter, To kill a mockingbird, Hard times , Clockwork orange,Pride and prejudice,Sense and sensibility

I can also talk to you about these texts if you are curious?

would any of those go with Julius Caesar?

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
i have actually watched and read Lord of the Flies and i like and understand it. however i was wondering whether it would be suitable seeing as the question i was given is asking for a related text that is based on a particular issue treated in my set text. would you know if any on the list you linked me to or any that may not be on the list that are based on similar issues as the ones in ted hughes 'birthday letters'? I'm thinking a film about conflicts in a relationship and memory.
A Beautiful Mind (Film)

belvilpiet

HSC
i looked up the plot summary of the film 'a beautiful mind' and it very much involves similar issues to ted hughes and sylvia plath! thank you very much for your suggestion :) I'm assuming that the conflicting perspectives within the film would be something like the way nash the main character sees things differently because of his schizophrenia and his wife alecia sees things for what they really are, and this causes conflict within their relationship.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
would any of those go with Julius Caesar?

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk
Haven't studied Julius Caesar but these were some reccomendations I've heard

I don't know how good this are but they were suggestions to go with Julius Caesar
1. The October Horse by Colleen McCullough
2. Emperor: The Gods of War by Conn Iggulden
3. The Ides of March by Valerio Massimo Manfredi
4. The Social Network (2010) film

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
i looked up the plot summary of the film 'a beautiful mind' and it very much involves similar issues to ted hughes and sylvia plath! thank you very much for your suggestion :) I'm assuming that the conflicting perspectives within the film would be something like the way nash the main character sees things differently because of his schizophrenia and his wife alecia sees things for what they really are, and this causes conflict within their relationship.
Yes, and this causes strain on his relationships. It is only towards the very end we find out he is schizophrenic, and it changes our view about his 'room mate' who turns out just to be a figment of his imagination.

(Please rep me if you think I helped)

belvilpiet

HSC
i will definitely watch this movie asap and take notes for my assignment. you have been very helpful. thank you!
ummm one more thing... how do i rep you? this is my first time on this website...

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Click the star
Underneath one of my posts.Or alternatively if you can't rep yet feel free to 'like' my posts :)

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Any related texts that work with this module and belonging? :p

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
birthday letters
Lord of the flies, To Kill A mockingbird, the Scarlett letter, Brave new world and 1984.

You could relate these to both belonging/conflicting perspectives :)

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Lord of the flies, To Kill A mockingbird, the Scarlett letter, Brave new world and 1984.

You could relate these to both belonging/conflicting perspectives :)
lol just read a summary of them. they all seem hard :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)