Conflict in the Pacific (1 Viewer)

nae91

HSC
Is it just me? or are there other people out there who find conflict in the pacific rather hard and confusing? anybody have any good pointers that can help me out about anything in the topic?

thanks guys :)

el gwapo

HSC
you should've planned your study around the syllabus, if it's too broad, it's because you might be covering stuff which you think is part of the course, but really isn't. just my two cents

renny 123

HSC
Is it just me? or are there other people out there who find conflict in the pacific rather hard and confusing? anybody have any good pointers that can help me out about anything in the topic?

Yes I agree. Definately the hardest topic. I hate it :uhhuh:

hayleyharlequin

, psychotic synchypnotic
HSC
Conflict in the Pacific is the worst topic imaginable. I would of prefered to to have done Conflict in Europe (basically WWII in Europe) seeing as my Nationality Study was Germany. Would of made it easier to understand.

niloony

HSC
The only thing a dislike about doing conflict in the pacific is trying to remember and spell the names of people...(Yamamoto, Kosoi, Kita ikki etc)

Its better than a fourth topic on Germany =O

sanssouci

HSC
N/A
OMG its by far the BEST topic weve done in modern!! I love the whole colonialism bit in the begining..the war is kinda boring, but occupation of Japan is interesting once again. Awesome topic. PACIFIC FTW

kelllly

HSC

Well, since we're going to be writing an essay and since the 'key features and issues' make up the essay questions (most of the time), the below might be of some help in your preparation:

Which key feature(s) and issue(s) do the 'students learn about' dot points relate to?

Key features and issues:

[FONT=&quot]Imperialism and responses to it[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Economic and political issues in the Pacific by 1937[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Nature and impact of nationalism[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Economic and political issues in the Pacific by 1937[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Japanese advance 1941-1942 and the impact of the fall of the Philippines, Singapore, Burma and the Dutch East Indies [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The effect of the war on the home fronts in Japan and Australia [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Japanese and Allied strategies[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Japanese foreign policy 1937-1941[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]US and British policies in the Pacific 1937-1941[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Strategic and political reasons for bombing Pearl Harbour [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Japanese advance 1941-1942 and the impact of the fall of the Philippines, Singapore, Burma and the Dutch East Indies [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Turning points in the war: Battle of the Coral Sea, Battle of Midway, Battle of Guadalcanal, New Guinea [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Strategies used by Allied forces against Japan 1942-1945[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Life under occupation: collaboration and resistance; the use of slave labour[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Impact of the war on the home fronts of Japan and Australia[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]The effect of the war on the home fronts in Japan and Australia [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]War Crimes Tribunals and the status of the Emperor [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Allied Occupation of Japan to 1951[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Impact of the war in Occupied Territories in South-East Asia[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Social, political and economic effects on civilians in occupied territories in South-East Asia [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Life under occupation: collaboration and resistance; the use of slave labour [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Use of the A-bomb[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Reasons for the use of the A-bomb and the subsequent controversy over its use[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Reasons for the Japanese defeat[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Reasons for the Japanese defeat [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Aims and consequences of the Allied Occupation of Japan [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]War Crimes Tribunals and the status of the Emperor [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Allied Occupation of Japan to 1951[/FONT]

renny 123

HSC
does anyone have any predictions at what the questions could be this year?

kelllly

HSC
I think one may be on the impact of the war on the home fronts of Japan and Australia.

renny 123

HSC
I think one may be on the impact of the war on the home fronts of Japan and Australia.
I was thinking that aswell. One also could be on the reasons for the bombing of pearl harbour because I dont think thats been asked before.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
My guess is a question about the growth of Pacific tensions. It hasn't been asked since 2004.
I'm hoping for an essay question about the course of the war but it's been asked every year for the past four or five years so I have doubts about it being asked again this year.
Last year was Course of the War and End of the Conflict and year before was Course of the War and Civilians at War.
Therefore my guess for the two questions this year:
Growth of Pacific Tensions (bombing of Pearl Harbour)
Civilians at War (home fronts in Japan and Australia)

kelllly

HSC
One also could be on the reasons for the bombing of pearl harbour because I dont think thats been asked before.
CSSA 2009 predicts:

Explain the reasons for the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor in 1941.

renny 123

HSC
My guess is a question about the growth of Pacific tensions. It hasn't been asked since 2004.
I'm hoping for an essay question about the course of the war but it's been asked every year for the past four or five years so I have doubts about it being asked again this year.
Last year was Course of the War and End of the Conflict and year before was Course of the War and Civilians at War.
Therefore my guess for the two questions this year:
Growth of Pacific Tensions (bombing of Pearl Harbour)
Civilians at War (home fronts in Japan and Australia)
For growth of Pacific Tensions is that everything leading up to the war: imperialism, foreign policy, Japans takeover of china etc, and then reasons for the bombing of pearl harbour?

kelllly

HSC
Yup.

In the syllabus, 'Growth of Pacific tensions' includes:
- economic and political issues in the Pacific by 1937
- Japanese foreign policy 1937-1941
- US and British policies in the Pacific 1937-1941
- strategic and political reasons for bombing Pearl Harbour

Liyo

HSC
I'm guessing it might be the growth of pacific tensions or the use of the atomic bomb, considering they haven't really had that question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)