"Conflict in the Pacific", help page (1 Viewer)

very_confused

Hey I am pretty confortable with the content for the topic. Only problem is secondary scholarship. Does anyone know any good quotes, or historians (besides Inega and Willmott)?

Also do you have any predictions for the questions?

I reckon, and hope, that one question will definitely be on the Atomic Bomb since thats a good historiographical question and they haven't asked anything about the end of the war yet.

Annoying that they asked the home fronts last year since thats a really easy one.

Any constructive comments welcome

:argue:

Bubzie

J Costello

J Costello.....the Pacific War.....its pretty extensive stuff though need time to read it.....contains 747 pages.....very detailed and has excellent quotes! his a mastermind!

GOOD LUCK!

Maybe you could help me a little....

how detailed do we have to go with this topic and such stages as Midway, Burma, Java, singapore etc....just brief or do we have to no extensive info like what date, which commanders were involved, what boats were used etc... and do we need to go into detail with things such as Rangoon, Luzon and Lingayen etc..??
a little help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Hoyt's 'Japan's War' is interesting to use, as it attributes the war entirely to Japanese expansionism.. Works well to quote it and then argue against it. (At least in questions requiring the assessment of the reasons for Japan going to war, or imperial policy and so-forth.. Hope we get another of those in the HSC.)

~juju~

Hi pplz, for this 30 mk essay, how many words should we write?
Is 1200 enough?

I so cannot be bothered remembering every little battle detail, i'd definitely pick a civilian impact question over strategies of war qn.

very_confused

Well with the length of a piece, its the old story: 'quality not quantity'

However for the 30 mark question since you should be spending close to an hour on it I think you should be writing at least 1200 words. If you look at the band 6's from last year they are writing between 8-14 pages. I would use that as a guide.

Although I agree with you that home fronts would be better, the chances of it coming up this year are slim since they had it last year.

I would put my money on occupied territories, atomic bomb or allied occupation of Japan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)