Con of Music...HELP... (1 Viewer)

nekic

OK. My situation. I'm doing my hsc now, next year, plan to go back to school and do an extra 3 units and accumilate these three onto my uai: Music 2 and music extension. this will give me more than enough scholing prerequisites needed to get into the con. i will spend that year also practicing, and probably the year after as well, for my audition. what i want to know, what in god's name do you actually study while doing B. Music Performance? I went onto the website, and it threw a few course names and cryptic descriptions at me, and i had no idsea what they were going on about. could anyone in that big bad world out there tell me what i need to know? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The BMus (Perf.) is a four year degree, in which you study your instrument with a tutor (your "Major"), you study ensemble and orchestral work, and you study things like Aural and Harmony skills (usually just for the first two years).

To enter the course, Music 2 or equivalent is Assumed, and you need to audition and complete a music skills test as well. It's not a difficult test - if you can't do it then you're probably not ready for the Con. It's about the equivalent of AMEB Musicianship or Theory 4.

Sashmish

I got into the Con without haveing done any AMEB's or any music in the HSC. I think you should apply this year and go through the audition process. If you don't get in, you can apply again next year, but at least you'll be familiar with the process.

The entry rules aren't really that strict, and if you can convince them that you're worth letting in, they'll bend them.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)